Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

MPs challenge session to include amendment to Personal Status Law: Forge signatures!

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

MPs challenge session to include amendment to Personal Status Law: Forge signatures! Empty MPs challenge session to include amendment to Personal Status Law: Forge signatures!

Post by Rocky Mon 05 Aug 2024, 4:39 am

Posted on[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=52]MPs challenge session to include amendment to Personal Status Law: Forge signatures![/size]

[size=45]Several MPs challenged the session to vote on amending the Personal Status Law, calling it illegal.
    MP Nour Nafeh, accompanied by a number of MPs, said in a press conference: “A farce occurred during the session, as the amendment to the Personal Status Law was included under the pretext of collecting parliamentary signatures.” They pointed out that “most of the signatures were forged and duplicated, and most of the MPs objected to the amendment, but it was signed instead of them and without their consent.”
    She added that “the quorum was not achieved during the session, so we will go to the Federal Court to challenge the legality of this session.” She noted that “what happened was the imposition of the general amnesty law through a political agreement with our Sunni brothers.”
    She continued, “Yesterday, we formed a women’s parliamentary bloc to avoid voting on the Personal Status Law, and what happened today is the imposition of wills, as there is now a deliberation in order to pressure our Sunni brothers to approve the law.”
    The Iraqi parliament's move to amend the Personal Status Law has sparked a wave of angry reactions from politicians and civil parties, who warned against giving the ruling parties greater influence, amid criticism from human rights organizations and legal experts as well.[/size]
    [size=45][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 16 Sep 2024, 9:38 am