Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know

Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know Empty Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know

Post by Neno Fri 30 Jan 2015, 7:55 am

ByU-Jin LeeCBS NewsJanuary 30, 2015, 1:36 AM

Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know

Everywhere you look these days, people are striking poses, snapping selfies on their smartphones and posting them on social media. But a new study suggests that for men, those self-portraits could be a sign of a personality disorder.

In a study conducted by Ohio State University communications professor Jesse Fox, the men who posted the most selfies to the web also showed the highest measures of psychopathy and narcissism.

Researchers studied 800 male participants between the ages of 18 and 40 who completed a survey about their social media behavior and standard questionnaires that measure anti-social behaviors and self-objectification.

Fox told Ohio State's press office it's not surprising that men who post a lot of selfies are narcissistic -- but this is the first time the association has been measured.

"The more interesting finding is that they also score higher on this other anti-social personality trait, psychopathy, and are more prone to self-objectification," Fox said.

The men's results were still within the normal range of behavior, but higher than average.

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/men-who-post-a-lot-of-selfies-more-likely-to-be-psychopaths-study-shows/
    Diamond
    Diamond
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know Empty Re: Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know

Post by Diamond Fri 30 Jan 2015, 7:59 am

NENO!!!!!! surprise
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know Empty Re: Men who post lots of selfies reveal more than they know

Post by Neno Fri 30 Jan 2015, 8:03 am

Diamond wrote:NENO!!!!!! surprise
    the men who posted the most selfies to the web also showed the highest measures of psychopathy and narcissism.

hippie
    LOL!
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 1:00 pm

i guess that's why i prefer not to do facebook, twitter or any other social media sites, i have always thought that a lot of people who do are shut ins and folks who have just run out of stuff to do.i always hear my grand daughter saying this and that about how many friends she has on facebook and one day i explained to her, the best i could, exactly what a friend is. she looked at me like i had lost my freaking mind when i told her that a true friend would die for her and vice versa.but i think she finally understood.i personally don't want anybody knowing my business or who i am dating or how many times i got to the bathroom or whatever these people share with one another, and i sure don't need anybody to validate me.i'm sure i just started a firestorm, but i simply don't care, no apologies.
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 30 Jan 2015, 7:04 pm

Facebook IMHO great business building for communication.
    tks20
    tks20
    Quiet Investor
    Quiet Investor

Post by tks20 Fri 30 Jan 2015, 9:21 pm

I won't do fb or any other media. Don't need it for business and I still enjoy actually taking to my friends on the phone.
    Besides that, there's to many peeps in my past that I really don't want or need to know what is going on with them.?
    Neno
    Neno
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Neno Fri 30 Jan 2015, 10:49 pm

Lol tks20. I hear you but their plenty privacy setting controls on fb. I use it cause I have too have a account in order to have a nnp page, plus I get to follow a lot of things in my control that I like. Its all personal preferences... badboys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 27 Jul 2024, 3:57 am