Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

4 posters

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers

Lobo
    Lobo

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Empty Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers

Post by Lobo Tue 17 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm

November 16, 2015

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers

The U.S. claims it wants to hit the Islamic State but in one year of bombing it never really touched one of its biggest sources of income. Hundreds of oil tanker trucks are waiting every day at IS distribution points to smuggle oil to Turkey and elsewhere. Only one such distribution point was ever bombed and that attack was  by the Iraqi air force.

Now the Russian President Putin played some "name and shame" at the G-20 meeting in Turkey and, lo and behold, the problem gets solved.

The Obama administration recently claimed it would increase attacks on the most expensive Syrian oil infrastructure which is owned by the Syrian government but under IS control. But it said it would still not hit the large truck gatherings.

While the American-led air campaign has conducted periodic airstrikes against oil refineries and other production facilities in eastern Syria that the group controls, the organization’s engineers have been able to quickly repair damage, and keep the oil flowing, American officials said. The Obama administration has also balked at attacking the Islamic State’s fleet of tanker trucks — its main distribution network — fearing civilian casualties.
    But now the administration has decided to increase the attacks and focus on inflicting damage that takes longer to fix or requires specially ordered parts, American officials said.

The obvious target to stop the oil trade is to hit the trucks. Without trucks the other infrastructure is useless for IS as the oil can not be sold. With trucks destroyed the men behind the smuggling will lose all profits and leave the business. The "civilian casualties" argument does not hold. There could be warnings to avoid human damage or one could consider that these oil smugglers are dealing with terrorists and thereby accomplices. The real U.S. reluctance to hit the oil smuggling might be out of deference to the Turkish government which of course profits from such oil transfers.

Then came along Russia and its President Putin and demonstrated at the current G-20 meeting that the U.S. is not serious about fighting IS. Today the Turkish journalist Abdullah Bozkurt reports remarks by President Putin from a G-20 sideline event:

Abdullah Bozkurt @abdbozkurt
    Putin in #Turkey: I provided examples based on our data on the financing of different #ISIL units by private individuals.

"This money, as we have established, comes from 40 countries and, there are some of the G20 members among them”, Putin says
    "I’ve shown our colleagues photos taken from space & from aircraft which clearly demonstrate the scale of the illegal trade in oil"

Putin provided that information and the photos yesterday. Obama must have been deeply embarrassed and pissed. Suddenly, a day after Putin exposed the U.S. reluctance to hit IS where it is needed, a big truck assembly was bombed:

Intensifying pressure on the Islamic State, United States warplanes for the first time attacked hundreds of trucks on Monday that the extremist group has been using to smuggle the crude oil it has been producing in Syria, American officials said. According to an initial assessment, 116 trucks were destroyed in the attack, which took place near Deir al-Zour, an area in eastern Syria that is controlled by the Islamic State.
    Until Monday, the United States had refrained from striking the fleet used to transport oil, believed to include more than 1,000 tanker trucks, because of concerns about causing civilian casualties. As a result, the Islamic State’s distribution system for exporting oil had remained largely intact.

It seems that Putin's naming and shaming with regards to the oil smuggling was successful. We might soon see a similar effect on the financing sources he mentioned.
    Posted by b on November 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM | Permalink
    http://www.moonofalabama.org/2015/11/putin-names-and-shames-obama-into-bombing-is-oil-smugglers.html
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Empty Re: Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers

Post by fonz1951 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

ah, go ahead and bomb the trucks too. we all know truck drivers are the scourge of earth  lol! i drove trucks for 23 years and i always felt like i might as well be bombed! but seriously, putin seems to be pretty smart, obama on the other hand, well you know.
    CITEX
    CITEX
    Insane Investor
    Insane Investor

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Empty Re: Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers

Post by CITEX Wed 18 Nov 2015, 2:27 pm

fonz1951 wrote:ah, go ahead and bomb the trucks too. we all know truck drivers are the scourge of earth  lol! i drove trucks for 23 years and i always felt like i might as well be bombed! but seriously, putin seems to be pretty smart, obama on the other hand, well you know.

Obama is just too arrogant to even acknowledge he might not know something... and so yet again, he looks like a fool and a puppet to the world... no wonder so many countries were happy with his election... oh wait wasn't France one of those countries.... hmmm
    fonz1951
    fonz1951
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Post by fonz1951 Wed 18 Nov 2015, 5:29 pm

i do believe you are right citex, boy, have we landed in a load of shiite or what? i hope and pray somebody with a set of cahones gets elected this time around.
    ksp
    ksp
    Dedicated Investor
    Dedicated Investor

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Empty Russia Destroys 500 ISIS-Turkey Oil Tanker Trucks

Post by ksp Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:50 am

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/11/18/russia-destroys-500-isis-turkey-oil-tanker-trucks/

Russia Destroys 500 ISIS-Turkey Oil Tanker Trucks

By GPD on November 18, 2015

Russian warplanes have destroyed about 500 fuel tank trucks that were illegally transporting oil from Syria to Iraq for refining

Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Kaiser_712
    Oil tanker fleet heading to Iraq in broad daylight under watchful eye of American satellites
    Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers 1114762MOSCOW, November 18. /TASS/. Russian warplanes in Syria have begun hunting for Islamic State’s tanker trucks carrying crude oil and petroleum products, the chief of the main operations directorate of Russia’s General Staff, Colonel-General Andrey Kartapolov told a news briefing on Wednesday.”I would like to point out that a decision has been made to let Russian planes fly sorties to search for tanker trucks carrying petroleum products belonging to terrorists in areas controlled by the organization calling itself the Islamic State (outlawed in Russia),” Kartapolov said.According to the official, Russian warplanes have destroyed about 500 fuel tank trucks that were illegally transporting oil from Syria to Iraq for refining.
    “Over the past years, the Islamic State and other extremist groupings have streamlined the operations of the so-called ‘pipeline on the road’ in the areas under their control,” Gen Kartapolov said.
    Hundreds of fuel tank trucks are delivering thousands of tons of crude oil for refining to Iraq and the fuel they sell then is one of the main sources of their financing.

READ ALSO

Russia and France will organize joint military operations against IS — General Staff
    Reporters at the briefing were shown the photos showing hundreds of fuel tank trucks form a column.
    “In the first several days alone, our warplanes destroyed about 500 fuel tank trucks,” Gen Kartapolov said. “This has considerably cut down the militants’ capability for an illegal export of energy resources and, consequently, for getting the revenues for the contraband.”
    Russian officials have repeatedly called to implement the UN Security Council resolution that was passed upon Russia’s initiative, on preventing the financing of terrorism. However, the Russian Foreign Ministry has admitted that the efforts to disrupt financing of terrorist activity in the Middle East depend on some countries’ good conscience.
    “UN Security Council Resolution 2199 [on combatting financing of terrorist organizations through their illegal trade in oil and oil products] has set a mechanism of submitting reports on the implementation of its provisions. So far, the mechanism has not started to work in full. Amid the persisting problem acuteness, this causes serious concern,” spokesperson for Russia’s Foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova said in late October.
    Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday said that he had told his G20 colleagues what he knew about channels of financial support for terrorists.
    “I discussed it with my colleagues. I hope that we will continue this work which is extremely important for fighting terrorism,” Putin told a briefing on results of the G20 summit.
    Russia’s long-range strategic bombers in action over Syria
    “As we have established, financing comes from 40 countries, including some countries members of G20,” he told reporters, adding that this issue had been discussed at the G20 summit in the Turkish Antalya.
    “We discussed the necessity for the implementation of the UN Security Council resolution that was passed upon Russia’s initiative, on preventing the financing of terrorism and on preventing illegal trade in pieces of art that terrorists plunder in the territories they seize,” the Russian leader said.
    He said G20 leaders had also discussed ways to prevent illegal oil trade and income generation from that.
    “Moreover, I even showed our colleagues our images taken from space and planes which clearly show the scope that illegal trade in oil and oil products acquires: convoys of fuel transporters stretching by dozens of kilometers,” Putin said.
    “Of course, we discussed that issue with colleagues, and I hope we will continue this work that in my opinion is extremely important for anti-terrorism fight,” the Russian leader added.
    [url=https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.veteranstoday.com%2F2015%2F11%2F18%2Frussia-destroys-500-isis-turkey-oil-tanker-trucks%2F&t=Russia Destroys 500 ISIS-Turkey Oil Tanker Trucks&s=100&p[url]=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.veteranstoday.com%2F2015%2F11%2F18%2Frussia-destroys-500-isis-turkey-oil-tanker-trucks%2F&p[images][0]=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.veteranstoday.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F11%2FKaiser_712.jpg&p[title]=Russia Destroys 500 ISIS-Turkey Oil Tanker Trucks]Putin Names And Shames Obama Into Bombing IS Oil Smugglers Facebook[/url]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 10:47 am