Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

DON’T FALL FOR THE TRICKS OF THE ENEMY.

csd9013
    csd9013

DON’T FALL FOR THE TRICKS OF THE ENEMY. Empty DON’T FALL FOR THE TRICKS OF THE ENEMY.

Post by csd9013 Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 am

“For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.” 1 John 2:16, KJV.

In my Christian walk, I’ve experienced all three of these: lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life. It only left me feeling worldly, unable to rest, and out of sync with God. Lust is an overwhelming desire for something. If I have lust of the flesh, I have an overwhelming desire to do something that makes me feel good, and I’m willing to override what God whispers to my heart in order to do it. If I have lust of the eyes, I have an overwhelming desire to go after something I want and will reason in my mind that it’s ok to have it once I’ve obtained it. If I have a pride of life, I do whatever I have to do in order to look successful in man’s eyes, even if I’m miserable behind closed doors.

What does God want? What makes Him happy? What does He think about this situation? These should be the questions on our mind and heart. God has many rich promises He’s waiting to bestow on us, but we must choose to set our affections on Him and keep our minds focused on Him and His purpose.

If you discover that you’ve allowed yourself to be distracted by these three devices of the enemy, know that God is merciful. We all have. Run to God. Repent. Humble yourself and rebuke the enemy. Put God back on the throne of your heart where He belongs.

Father, I run to you. Thank you for your mercy. I humble myself and submit to you. I rebuke the enemy and command him to flee. I’m sorry for allowing myself to be tricked by him. Nothing in my life is more important than you and your purpose. I want to do what pleases you and what makes you happy. I know you love me and you will bless me with what you desire for me. Thank you Father. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:14 am