Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price

Lobo
    Lobo

China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price Empty China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price

Post by Lobo Tue 08 Mar 2016, 4:49 pm

China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price
    CHINA March 07 2016 9:35 AM
    China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price Newsprev
    China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price Newsnext

China Construction Bank as first Chinese bank to join the LBMA Silver Price 20821201761457328008
    LONDON (Scrap Register): CME Group and Thomson Reuters has announced that China Construction Bank Corporation (CCB) will participate as a new member to the LBMA Silver Price.

CME Benchmark Europe Limited and Thomson Reuters have operated the LBMA Silver Price since August 2014 when they took over responsibility from the London Silver Market Fixing Limited. CCB will be the first Chinese bank and the sixth price participant, joining HSBC Bank USA NA, JPMorgan Chase Bank, The Bank of Nova Scotia, The Toronto Dominion Bank and UBS AG.

“We are delighted to welcome China Construction Bank as the first Chinese participant to the LBMA Silver Price," said William Knottenbelt, Senior Managing Director, International, CME Group. "Increasing participation in the auction ensures the relevance and integrity of the benchmark. The addition of one of China's leading banks, CCB, to the process will be welcomed by other silver market participants."

This development follows a MoU signed in October 2015 with CCB, which stated CCB would support CME Group's plans to offer Offshore Chinese Renminbi (CNH) futures contracts with physical delivery in London for the first time, with CCB acting as designated clearing bank of RMB in London. Under this MoU, CCB agreed to participate in the LBMA Silver Price, as administered by CME Benchmark Europe Limited, as well as to facilitate the trading of CME Group products for CCB's customers in China.

Gu Yu, General Manager of the Financial Markets Department, CCB, said: "CCB is delighted to be the first Chinese Bank to become a participant in the Silver Price auction process in London. This further builds on our combined efforts to boost RMB liquidity and products in Europe."

Ruth Crowell, Chief Executive of the LBMA, commented: "I am very pleased to see a new participant joining the LBMA Silver Price. In particular, I welcome the addition of China Construction Bank which adds further international dimension to the auction. We encourage other market participants to step up and join the process."

The LBMA Silver Price is London-based and offers a fully IOSCO-compliant solution to the London bullion marketplace. CME Group provides the electronic auction platform on which the price will be calculated and Thomson Reuters is responsible for administration and governance of the benchmark as well as distribution. The LBMA owns the IP in the price.

Tobias Sproehnle, Head of Benchmarks, Thomson Reuters, said: "We welcome China Construction Bank as a significant new participant, bringing additional depth and international market insight to the silver price mechanism."
    http://www.scrapregister.com/news/28941/china-construction-bank-as-first-chinese-bank-to-join-the-lbma-silver-price?

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 5:01 am