Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Basil Gimlet

Lobo
    Lobo

Basil Gimlet Empty Basil Gimlet

Post by Lobo Sat 03 Dec 2016, 5:58 pm

Basil Gimlet Img35l
    Basil Gimlet

Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: n/a minutes
    Servings: 1
    Mixologists and founders of Rye on the Road, a San Francisco–based cocktail catering company, Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini explain that although this is a very simple drink, it’s also extremely popular, which explains why it has been on the menu of their bar Rye since it opened almost a decade ago. To make rich simple syrup, simply bring two parts sugar and one part water to a boil in a saucepan, then remove from the heat and let cool. The syrup can be stored in a bottle in your refrigerator for at least a month.

Ingredients:

• 6 fresh basil leaves
    • 3/4 oz. (20 ml) fresh lime juice
    • 1/2 oz. (15 ml) rich simple syrup
    • 1 1/2 oz. (45 ml) gin or vodka

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a cocktail shaker, muddle 5 of the basil leaves with the lime juice and simple syrup until the basil is very aromatic. Fill the shaker with ice and add the gin. Shake vigorously, then strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with the remaining basil leaf. Serve immediately. Makes 1 drink.

Greg Lindgren and Jon Gasparini, Rye on the Road, San Francisco, CA

Current date/time is Fri 26 Jul 2024, 7:21 pm