Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq PM Abadi says votes should be recounted if electronic system faulty - state TV

chouchou
    chouchou

electronic - Iraq PM Abadi says votes should be recounted if electronic system faulty - state TV Empty Iraq PM Abadi says votes should be recounted if electronic system faulty - state TV

Post by chouchou Tue 15 May 2018, 1:59 pm

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq’s Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said on Tuesday that if a new electronic voting system used in weekend elections was found to be faulty, the election commission should hold a nationwide recount, state television reported.

Abadi said that after accusations of fraud and faulty machines in the northern province of Kirkuk, the election commission should hold a manual recount there.

He added that if there were found to be faults in Kirkuk, the recount should take place in all of Iraq, state TV said.

In the northern province of Kirkuk and neighbouring Sulaimaniya, which has a majority Kurdish population, Kurdish opposition parties cried foul after the legislative election on Saturday, saying an unexpectedly strong win for one of the main Kurdish parties there was down to vote-rigging.

The election commission said on Tuesday that initial results from Kirkuk also indicated a win there for that party, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK).

Iraq’s first election since the defeat of Islamic State, which had taken over nearly a third of the country as it spread through Iraq and Syria in 2014, pitted Abadi against Shi’ite rivals more closely allied to Iran.

Initial nationwide results showed a surprise victory for the bloc that supports firebrand cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, a Shi’ite not aligned with Iran who campaigned on a nationalist, populist platform.

Iraq’s election commission said the new electronic voting system, which requires biometric identification, would make vote counting quicker and ensure accuracy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:46 pm