Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Finance Committee reviews the “Evaluation of Banks and the Dollar” report and prepares for an “i

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

banks - The Finance Committee reviews the “Evaluation of Banks and the Dollar” report and prepares for an “i Empty The Finance Committee reviews the “Evaluation of Banks and the Dollar” report and prepares for an “i

Post by Rocky Mon 16 Oct 2023, 4:49 am

The Finance Committee reviews the “Evaluation of Banks and the Dollar” report and prepares for an “important meeting” with Al-Sudani

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad today - Baghdad
    Today, Sunday (October 15, 2023), the Parliamentary Finance Committee reviewed the report of the subcommittee responsible for monitoring the work of government banks and the Central Bank, while indicating that it will hold an important meeting with the Sudanese, the Ministers of Industry and Foreign Affairs, and the Governor of the Central Bank regarding the rise in dollar exchange rates.
    The Parliamentary Finance Committee stated in a statement received by “Baghdad Today” that it “ held, headed by the Chairman of the Committee, Atwan Al-Atwani, and in the presence of its members, today, Sunday, an important meeting to review the report of the subcommittee responsible for monitoring the work of government banks and the Central Bank of Iraq.”
    According to the statement, during the meeting, “the causes and repercussions of the rise in the dollar exchange rate were discussed, and ways to address this sensitive file, as well as other files related to the work of banks.”
    Al-Atwani said, "His committee, after reviewing the subcommittee's report, will hold an important meeting with the Prime Minister in the coming days, and a series of other meetings with the Ministers of Industry and Foreign Affairs and the Governor of the Central Bank to find out the reasons for the continued rise in dollar exchange rates and the measures taken to address them." 
    He added, "The Finance Committee will also sponsor seminars and workshops for the private sector and businessmen in this regard, in order to listen to their opinions and ideas regarding finding alternatives and effective solutions at the immediate and future levels." 
    Al-Atwani stressed "the necessity of concerted efforts to restore stability to the market, ensure the continued strength of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies, preserve the country's hard currency reserves, and strike with an iron fist the heads of speculators who are making a living off this crisis."
    He warned of "the danger of continuing to deplete the dollar through the expansion of foreign imports, and the importance of limiting trade exchange to essential goods and materials," stressing "the importance of activating the local industry and operating Iraqi factories in a way that ensures that the dollar remains circulated internally and prevents its smuggling abroad."
    As for the external reasons indicated in the subcommittee’s report, Al-Atwani stressed “the necessity of integration between the Central Bank of Iraq and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to address the issue of the decline in US Federal Reserve transfers to Iraq,” pointing out that “this measure needs continuous dialogue and communication with the US Treasury to determine the reasons.” "And address it technically and diplomatically in a way that ensures that the country's need for hard currency is met."
    The meeting also discussed a number of other files, including “loans and advances granted by government banks to citizens,” as the recent efforts of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, after communicating with the Real Estate Bank, resulted in extending the repayment period for the Housing Initiative loan from 15 to 20 years, and canceling the interest. As is the practice. In the procedures for the first meal benefiting from this initiative.”
    The statement noted, "In conclusion, Al-Atwani affirmed his full support for the work of all subcommittees in the Finance Committee to perform their oversight role to the fullest extent, praising the efforts made within the framework of integration between the legislative and executive institutions to serve the nation and the citizen."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:22 am