Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Wed 11 Jan 2017, 6:34 pm

3-on-3 Needs Fixing (and other observations from last night's win)
    January 11, 2017, 10:24 AM ET [6 Comments]
     Nashville Predators 24
    Paul McCann
     Nashville Predators Nas
     Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSSArchiveCONTACT
    C’mon, admit it… you didn’t see that one coming.

In the dying seconds of overtime, with Nashville killing off a penalty on a ticky-tack call, after a highly questionable disallowed goal… well… you really couldn’t blame Pred Nation for being a little negative. That turned quickly when Canucks defenseman Troy Stecher snapped a wrister from the high slot that was blocked, Roman Josi gathered it in and turned the other way, flying down the ice with Calle Jarnkrok on a short-handed breakaway, waiting until just the right moment to feed Jarnkrok the puck, who promptly buried it with 1.9 seconds to go delivering a pulse pounding 2-1 win.

… and there was much rejoicing.

Winding it back a few minutes, the Predators had a goal waived off by a phantom goaltender interference call. It was, quite frankly, a ridiculous call to make at any point in a game, let alone in overtime. It was the second Predators goal waived off in the game, at least the first one was defensible. This one? Not so much. But the Predators overcame, and delivered a unicorn to Pred Nation… a win in 3-on-3 overtime. 

Let’s talk about 3-on-3 for a moment… and this is not driven by the Predators overall lack of success… but ask yourself… is the 3-on-3 any fun anymore?

In what started out as up-and-down, fast paced, free-wheeling fire wagon hockey, the overtime has turned into a slowdown, cautious, puck possession game. Passes on the exterior, waiting for an opening, or waiting for a mistake. What seemed like a great idea now has become tedious, dare I say, almost boring… I know, a strange thing to say after the thrilling finish last night… but the finish was the only thing thrilling about the overtime last night, the overwhelming majority of the hockey was boring as hell.

See… this is why we can’t have nice things… you just knew that this would happen, that what was so fun would be tightened down and strangled. Sure, the All-Star Game will be fun, let’s keep the 3-on-3 for that. But it may be time to take another look at the overtime process and tweak it because this version of 3-on-3 ain’t cutting it for this observer.

Next up in Smashville, the Boston Bruins tomorrow night… game time is 7pm, limited tickets remain.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 11:34 am