Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers  Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Sun 05 Feb 2017, 4:03 pm

Game 52: NYR-CGY, Rangers kickoff first of four at MSG against the Flames
    February 5, 2017, 8:52 AM ET [269 Comments]
    Jan Levine
     New York Rangers  Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers return home Sunday for the first of four straight at MSG in a matinee contest against the Flames. Calgary comes in off a 4-3 overtime win Friday against New Jersey in which T.J. Brodie assisted in all four goals. Following Sunday's game, New York faces Anaheim on Tuesday, Nashville on Thursday and Colorado on Saturday. If ever they were going to break out of their home ice issues - having lost six of the last eight while being outscored 35-24 - now would be a really good time to do so.

The forward lines will be the same as Thursday against Buffalo. That means, Brandon Prri will be scratched again with Matt Puempel in the lineup. Jimmy Vesey remains on the top line, as AV liked that look Thursday, while Jesper Fast stays on the third and Pavel Buchnevich on the fourth. But that may be changing very soon.

Nash-Step-Vesey
    Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
    Grabner-Miller-Fast
    Puempel-Lindberg-Buchnevich

Kevin Hayes, out since January 22 with a left leg injury, skated for 45 minutes before Saturday's practice, and took part in the first 15 minutes with his teammates before going off. Hayes will not play on Sunday, but per AV, he is “very, very close to coming back.” Hayes was to miss 2-3 weeks with his injury and today is exactly two weeks since it occurred. When he comes back, look for him to go right back centering the third line with Fast moving down to the fourth. In addition, I could see Grabner slide down and Buchnevich move up.

The return of Hayes creates a logjam at forward, with 14 healthy players. With New York likely looking to maintain as much cap room leading up to the March 1 trade deadline, barring injury, one of Puempel, Brandon Pirri or Oscar Lindberg are at risk to be waived or traded. Now, given what each of the the three make, keeping one extra won't have massive cap ramifications, and especially if Lindberg is the one to go in a deal, all three could remain for the next three weeks until the deadline. The one player most at risk is Pirri, who on the year has eight goals and 16 points in 48 games. But, he has just two of those markers in the last 18 games and holes have surfaced in his defensive game, which is a major no-no if you aren't scoring and on the fourth line.

McDonagh-Girardi,
    Staal-Holden
    Skjei-Klein

I could use the #freeclendening hashtag but I don't think it will get me anywhere. At this point, we all know his strengths and Kevin Klein's weaknesses. So bringing it up again will probbaly just draw the ire of those who read the blog who think Clendening is just the flavor of the month and doesn't below in as well. That may rightly be true, but it's also fairly clear, he has been markedly better than Klein, who while he has shown more physical play lately, is still a liability in his own end.

While we aways think about what a player can contribute on the ice or when he will be back when injured, we often lose sight that the player is a husband, father and human, not just a plug-and-play individual. A really good article by Brett Cyrgalis on Marc Staal. To me the quote below sum up just what an athlete thinks about when injured, especially following concussions. Cyrgalis also summed it up whell when he wrote: "But Staal also thinks about his life away from the rink, and his two young daughters. His current contract carries an annual salary-cap hit of $5.7 million through the 2020-21 season, when he will be 34. The lasting effects of concussions are something he has to think about, but it is hard to know if they could cut his career short."

“The biggest question for me, and for a lot of guys, is if you get hit and you feel that way, are you going to feel that way for the rest of your life?” Staal told The Post after Saturday’s practice. “Most doctors say that’s extremely, extremely rare — unless you keep on playing through it. Then you run into problems. If you just treat it and let it go, you should be fine. Hearing that was good.” 
    [size]

Lundqvist is between the pipes. One thing to keep an eye on is he will wear, the NHL-mandated streamlined pants for the first time. Lundqvist practiced in them Saturday and said he didn't notice much difference, but we will have to see if it makes one in game-action and/or if he alters any aspect of his game to compensate for the more-streamlined pants.

One note from Larry Brooks in today's column: "The NHL apparently anticipates the cap to remain flat next season, with little if any increase projected over this year’s $73 million ceiling. That would mean an increase of a paltry 3.998 percent of the players’ pot since 2012-13, the year before the 50/50 formula went into effect." Keep that cap figure in mind when we think if New York will try and sign Kevin Shattenkirk, buyout Dan Girardi, trade Kevin Klein or Rick Nash and/or ink Mike Zibanejad to a long-term rather than a bridge deal.[/size]

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 2:40 am