Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

New York Rangers

jedi17
    jedi17

New York Rangers Empty New York Rangers

Post by jedi17 Fri 03 Feb 2017, 7:49 pm

Game. 51: NYR 2 BUF 1, OT, Rangers capture win in goaltending battle
    February 3, 2017, 7:54 AM ET [154 Comments]
    Jan Levine
    New York Rangers Nyr New York Rangers Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Rangers defeated Buffalo 2-1 in overtime in a game that the goalies dominated. Henrik Lundqvist and Robin Lehner created a battle of the netminders separated by about 180 feet, making save after save. Each team likely deserved the win, but it was New York who tallied in the extra session to get the win.

After a scoreless first, during which Lundqvist was brilliant, the Rangers got in the board on the power play in the second. No, that's not a misprint, New York truly did score on the man advantage. A point shot by Ryan McDonagh was topper in by Mats Zuccarello for the first PPG for New York in 16 chances:

Following the goal, it seemed to be that the Rangers were mildly content with the one goal lead, relying on the stellar play of Lundqvist. Unfortunately, that proved not to be wise or sufficient. Cody Franson noticed the tying goal with 5:31 left in regulation. A scramble in front of the net and the forwards failed to mark or pick up Franson coming down slot. Franson fired a low wrist shot that beat Lundqvist to even the contest.

In the overtime, New York got another power play thanks to Michael Grabner's speed. After failing to score, Grabner was able to draw a penalty, when he was slashed across the gloves. The Rangers were unable to score but as the penalty expired, Lundqvist started the scoring play by ringing the puck up the boards. Mika Zibanejad carried the puck into Buffalo's end and engaged two defenders, creating more space. He sent a backhand pass to Chris Kreider, who hit a streaking J.T. Miller just inside the zone. Miller, who also had an assist on the first goal, quickly fed Kreider back for the one-timer into the open cage for the game-winner. A brilliant play on both ends and anyone else still want to deal Miller?

The reshuffled lines did generate some offense, so look for a repeat of those combinations Sunday. Defensively, the Rangers allowed a lot of shots, but structurally seemed slightly better in their own zone, which was lacking Tuesday. But the big difference is that Lundqvist was eons better than he was against Columbus, making several excellent stops. Included within that list was saves on Reinhart, Gionta, Ristolainen and a post-to-post slide to rob Kyle Okposo on overtime. Lundqvist still is fighting to find his game but said after the contest:

"I battled. I battled hard. My game is right there," said Lundqvist. "It's about consistency. I put together four or five real strong ones and then I take a step back and have a C game. I need to have more B games. A games, I feel like I have A games. It's just when I have a drop, it needs to be a drop to a B and not a C, because then we're still going to have a chance to win." 
    [size]

The win gave the Rangers a league-leading 18 on the road. Now, they need to work on their home mark. After winning eight of their first nine at MSG, New York has gone 6-10-1 on home ice. Yesterday's game sounded like a home one due to all the Rangers' fans there but New York has to right the ship in what has been the too friendly confines of their home arena. The first chance to do so comes Sunday against Calgary.[/size]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:46 pm