Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Flood wave on the outskirts of Baghdad .. Minister of Water Resources reveals details

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Flood wave on the outskirts of Baghdad .. Minister of Water Resources reveals details Empty Flood wave on the outskirts of Baghdad .. Minister of Water Resources reveals details

Post by Rocky Tue 18 Apr 2017, 1:57 am

Flood wave on the outskirts of Baghdad .. Minister of Water Resources reveals details

BAGHDAD, April 18 (UPI) - Minister of Water Resources Hassan al-Janabi revealed that the flood wave in the Tigris River reached the outskirts of Baghdad, indicating the direction and speed of the flood wave.
    "The wave has reached Samarra," Al-Janabi said in a blog post on his official Facebook page, "The flood wave on the outskirts of Baghdad."
    "We are now taking steps, including allowing 650 cubic meters per second towards Baghdad, so we will see a slight rise in river levels up to 25 cm," he said.
    "There is a need for more drainage, but the presence of bridges and floating crossings has delayed the decision after the visit, to allow the use of the bridge by the visitors, so we will launch larger quantities starting on Monday because these releases reinstate the vitality of the Tigris and contribute to improving water quality," he said.
    "We are currently diverting 35,000 cubic meters per second from Samarra to Lake Tharthar," he said.
    "This comes in line with previous steps to store water in Lake Tharthar for later use," he said.
    He also stressed the need to convert 800 cubic meters per second from Samarra through an irrigation channel to reach the Euphrates River without passing through the Tharathar Lake to improve the quality of the Euphrates and enhance its discharge.
    He also pointed out the importance of converting (50) cubic meters from the Samara dam through the Ishaqi channel for irrigation.
    "We will see an increase in the levels of the Tigris from next Monday, but it is controlled and in agreement with the concerned authorities. Finished

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 1:29 am