Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Total reliance on oil revenues may lead to catastrophic consequences to economy

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Total reliance on oil revenues may lead to catastrophic consequences to economy Empty Total reliance on oil revenues may lead to catastrophic consequences to economy

Post by Rocky Mon 26 Aug 2013, 7:41 pm

Total reliance on oil revenues may lead to catastrophic consequences to economy

26 Aug 2013

Iraq’s Tax Authority has warned against what it described as total reliance on oil export revenues.

“The country depends wholly on royalties from oil exports. The catastrophe for the economy is inevitable once oil wells start aging,” said the authority’s director-general Kadhem Abdullah.

Abdullah said the country lacked “a clear strategy” on how to diversify its income. The constitution, he added, calls for the creation of a market economy, but regulations and rules managing the economy are the opposite.

Abdullah said the government and its ministries are now more concerned about fighting corruption than rejuvenating the economy.

“Fears of accusations of corruption have prompted officials in charge of economic development not to spend allocations and return them to the treasury,” he said.

He warned if those in charge of reconstruction refused to spend allocations for fear of being accused of corruption continues, there will no room left in Iraq for development and creativity.

Abdullah said tax income in Iraq was “meager” as most investors and entrepreneurs were keen to smuggle their profits outside the country.

Oil revenues are surging with hard cash and gold reserves the highest in the country’s history. Hard cash reserves have skyrocketed to $76 billion and gold bullions to 30 tons.

But Abdullah said the government lacked the right picture on how to encourage its ministries and related departments to invest their allocations on development and reconstruction.

He also said laws and regulations on tax collection and lack of transparency were preventing the establishment of a sound tax system in Iraq.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 11:01 pm