Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington's ambassador to Doha leaves office amid the crisis

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Washington's ambassador to Doha leaves office amid the crisis Empty Washington's ambassador to Doha leaves office amid the crisis

Post by Rocky Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:56 am

Washington's ambassador to Doha leaves office amid the crisis

DOHA, April 14 (Reuters) - US Ambassador to Qatar Dana Schill Smith announced that she would leave her post in the midst of the worst diplomatic crisis that has gripped Gulf allies in years.
    "This month, I finished three years of working as US ambassador to Qatar, it was the greatest honor in my life and I will miss this wonderful country," Ambassador Smith wrote on Twitter.
    US diplomacy has not mentioned the reasons for its departure, whether it will remain in the diplomatic corps or who will be put in place. Many American ambassadors will leave office after nearly three years in office.
    Officials in Washington confirmed that the ambassador made a personal decision to leave her post earlier this year after spending a normal three-year mission.
    A senior State Department official said: "The mission of Ambassador Dana Smyth as ambassador expires this month and will leave Qatar later, as part of the natural rotation of diplomats around the world."
    "Her decision to leave the foreign service was taken earlier this year, we wish her success."
    Her departure comes amid conflicting signals from Washington over the Gulf crisis when Saudi Arabia and many of its allies cut ties with Qatar, at a time when they accuse Doha of backing extremist organizations.
    US President Donald Trump announced his support for the Saudi move, but other US officials were more cautious and called for dialogue to end the crisis.
    She was appointed ambassador to the Gulf state by former President Barack Obama in 2014, and last month expressed dissatisfaction with the political events in the United States in a message posted on social networking sites. Finished

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.googleusercontent.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.iraqpressagency.com/%3Fp%3D166267%26lang%3Dar

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am