10:10 - 06/18/2017
Information / Baghdad ..
He rejected the leadership of NATO forces in Afghanistan, confirm the information reported by Afghan media about four US soldiers were killed in an attack by a soldier from the Afghan army on foreign troops stationed north of the country.
The command of NATO forces in Afghanistan in a statement, "We know about the incident at Camp Shaheen in Mazar-i-Sharif at about 14 pm local time. At present, we can affirm that there are no casualties among US troops or NATO forces there. Soldiers from the United States have been injured. An Afghan soldier was killed and one wounded in the incident. "
He concluded the statement of NATO forces by pointing out that "the incident is currently under investigation and will provide additional information as it becomes available."
The local media had reported on Saturday afternoon, quoting Abdul Kahar Arum, a spokesman for the Legion 209 of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and stationed in Balkh province of Afghanistan at Camp Shaheen near Mazar-e Sharif, a soldier from the Afghan National Army and four US soldiers were killed by firing direct fire on them, and that the attacker was killed instantly fire a reply.
Press secretary of the Afghan Ministry of Defense Mohammed Rudmainc confirmed earlier in the attack on foreign forces, and said that an investigation began into the circumstances of this incident.
She said, "BBC" British media service said one Afghan soldier was shot indiscriminately on foreign soldiers in the military camp Shaheen north of the country, wounding a number of them, including some Americans.
An Afghan official confirmed that the attack took place at the base, located near the city of Mazar-e-Sharif, north of the country, on Saturday, while a US military official denied any US soldier killed in the attack.
On the other hand, a spokesman for the US military command denied in the Afghan capital, Kabul, the throughput media quoted an Afghan official as saying that "US soldiers were killed in the attack," but confirmed that an unspecified number of soldiers wounded at the base, which is the headquarters of the Corps 209 of the Treaty North Atlantic (NATO) in the Balkh province of Afghanistan.
NATO spokesman confirmed that the attack resulted in the killing of an Afghan soldier and wounding another.
The attack comes about a week after the killing of three US Special Forces soldiers at the hands of one of the Afghan Special Forces elements, an attack that the Taliban claimed responsibility in a timely manner.
The Taliban also announced responsibility for an earlier attack in an Afghan military base near Mazar-e-Sharif, killing and wounding 100 soldiers Overnma.anthy / 25 m