Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraq’s electoral commission voids votes from 1,021 polling stations

chouchou
    chouchou

Iraq’s electoral commission voids votes from 1,021 polling stations Empty Iraq’s electoral commission voids votes from 1,021 polling stations

Post by chouchou Wed 30 May 2018, 2:17 pm

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – In a statement on Wednesday, the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) announced it had canceled votes from 1,021 polling stations from nine Iraqi provinces, including expats votes, and early voting.

According to the IHEC’s numbers, 80 stations in Erbil, 96 in Sulaimani, and 224 in Duhok were voided in the Kurdistan Region.
    For the rest of Iraq, votes at 195 stations in Nineveh were annulled, 186 in Kirkuk, 101 in Anbar, 47 in Salahuddin, 23 in Baghdad, and two in Diyala.

Ballot boxes of expat voters were also affected. Votes from 67 polling stations that belonged to the United States, Sweden, Britain, Turkey, Germany, and Jordan were canceled.

In an earlier statement, the IHEC had [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] it was in the process of investigating all the complaints that were submitted, which it said numbered about 2,000.

In the May 12 Iraqi parliamentary elections, a new electronic device was used to verify voter cards, fingerprints, and to count ballots—a system meant to streamline the electoral process and prevent fraud from taking place.

This new system, however, received [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]and was described as easier to corrupt. Indeed, the device was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]for use in the Kurdistan Region’s upcoming parliamentary elections on Sep. 30.

Immediately following the election, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]parties [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]fraud and complained that the electronic ballot devices were tampered with and unreliable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:23 am