Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

US forces create new military base in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

US forces create new military base in Iraq Empty US forces create new military base in Iraq

Post by Rocky Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:31 am

[size=32]
    US forces create new military base in Iraq[/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]    

one hour ago

A local official said on Saturday that there were moves to build a military base at the summit of Mount Sinjar northwest of Mosul, while military officials said that Iraqi and US forces will be stationed at that base to oversee the border with Syria.
    The deputy governor of Sinjar Jalal said to Kurdistan 24 that 15 military vehicles believed to belong to the US forces arrived on Friday to Mount Sinjar and stationed at the top of the mountain.
    He added that the troops were preparing to build a military base on the mountain, which is one of the most important strategic sites in Iraq and away from Mosul about 125 km at the border with Syria.
    Iraqi media said the military base would oversee the border between Iraq and Syria in the western desert of Nineveh.
    "The 15th Brigade and the 37th Brigade of the Ninth Armored Division of the Iraqi Army took over the protection of the border strip that runs through the desert of Sinjar district towards the desert of Al-Baaj district," the official Iraqi News Agency (INA) quoted Brigadier General Mohammad al-Jubouri as saying.
    "Iraqi forces may establish a permanent military base on Mount Sinjar," he said.
    Iraqi military officials said an Iraqi-US force had already taken over responsibility for securing the border strip between Iraq and Syria.
    Iraqi forces and the Peshmerga, backed by the US-led international coalition, last year restored all land that fell into the hands of a nascent organization in 2014 and 2015, including the city of Mosul and its environs, particularly the town of Sinjar, the home of the Yazidis.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:27 pm