Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The British Times warns of a new disaster ravaging the Iraqi marshes

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The British Times warns of a new disaster ravaging the Iraqi marshes Empty The British Times warns of a new disaster ravaging the Iraqi marshes

Post by Rocky Thu 27 Sep 2018, 2:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    The British Times warns of a new disaster ravaging the Iraqi marshes
    The British newspaper The Times warned Thursday (September 27, 2018) in a report by journalist Richard Spencer of a new disaster that could hit Iraq's marshes.
    The writer said in his article that he prepared from the district of Chabaish south of the country that the Marshlands in the south a lot of friends, but their enemies more, and gains enemies gains.
    Spencer said that "three decades after the destruction of the marshes by Saddam Hussein, there are threats to the region again, cattle are dying and the water is poisoned and fertile land has dried up." 
    "Although southern Iraq, with its oil reserves, may be one of the richest areas in the Middle East, many of its inhabitants live in misery."
    Jassem al-Asadi, a local director of Nature Iraq, said that although drought had occurred before, particularly in 2009 and 2015, the wave of the year was unprecedented. 
    According to the Times, Turkey, Iran, the Iraqi government and climate change are all responsible for a catastrophic collapse that has led to extensive drylands in the marshes.
    "The level of water in the marshlands has declined in the past six months from 1.8 meters above sea level to about 46 centimeters," Spencer said.
    "There are several reasons behind this, most notably the lack of rainwater this year," al-Asadi said 
    . The report also cited a major new factor: Turkey's decision to fill the Ellisu dam on the Tigris River near the border with Iraq. 
    The author also said that Iran had also decided to cut off many tributaries of the Tigris River.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 7:39 pm