Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The dollar is near its lowest level in a week before the US Fed Chairman's speech

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The dollar is near its lowest level in a week before the US Fed Chairman's speech Empty The dollar is near its lowest level in a week before the US Fed Chairman's speech

Post by Rocky Thu 27 Aug 2020, 6:40 am

The dollar is near its lowest level in a week before the US Fed Chairman's speech

The dollar is near its lowest level in a week before the US Fed Chairman's speech 22760

Economy News _ Baghdad
    The dollar remains near its lowest level in a week which it reached earlier Thursday, August 27th, before a speech by US Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell is expected to hint that the bank will adjust its policy framework to help raise inflation.
    Powell will deliver his speech at the annual conference of the Federal Reserve of Central Bank Presidents by 13:30 GMT, which is usually held in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, but it will take place this year by default due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
    The change is likely to mean that the US Fed will base its monetary policy on future inflation data, not expected, while it will clearly accept exceeding its target for inflation. This means that the Fed will keep interest rates at their current low levels for a longer time compared to past crises, which in turn will weaken the dollar.
    The euro last traded at $ 1.1822, after rising to its highest level in six days at $ 1.1850 earlier.
    The dollar index, which tracks the performance of the US currency against a basket of six currencies, settled at 92.98, near its weakest level this week and not far from the two-year low of 92.12, which it touched last week.
    Since the start of the pandemic, the US central bank has expanded its balance sheet by nearly $ 3 billion, far more than the European Central Bank and the Bank of Japan.
    The dollar settled against the Japanese yen at 106.02. The main focus of the Yen is on a press conference Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is scheduled to hold on Friday, as speculation grows over his health. And the yen is likely to rise if my father quits.
    The pound settled, up at $ 1.3215, after it had gained about 8% in three months. The Australian dollar was trading up 0.1% during the session at $ 0.7243.
    The Chinese yuan recorded its strongest level since January, after data showed a recovery in the profits of industrial companies in China. The yuan settled in foreign trade at 6.8748 to the dollar, the highest level since January 21.
    The market appeared to be ignoring the latest sign of mounting tension between the US and China. On Wednesday, the United States blacklisted 24 Chinese companies and was targeting individuals for construction activities and military actions in the South China Sea.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 5:25 pm