Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The US House of Representatives votes to repeal the authorization that authorized the invasion of Ir

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The US House of Representatives votes to repeal the authorization that authorized the invasion of Ir Empty The US House of Representatives votes to repeal the authorization that authorized the invasion of Ir

Post by Rocky Fri 18 Jun 2021, 7:16 am

[size=32][rtl]The US House of Representatives votes to repeal the authorization that authorized the invasion of Iraq[/rtl]

June 18, 2021

[/size]
    [rtl] 
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/rtl]
    President George W. Bush invaded Iraq with his soldiers 2003

Washington - (AFP) - The US House of Representatives voted Thursday to repeal an authorization to use military force dating back to 2002 and gave the US military the legal green light to invade Iraq, in a bipartisan move that won the White House's support.
    After voting by 268 to 161 votes, the decision to repeal the "authorization to use military force" will be submitted to the Senate, where its fate remains unclear.
    While Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer expressed support in the House for the move, he indicated that the issue will be voted on this year.
    The House of Representatives voted in 2020 and 2019 to repeal the authorization that allowed former President George W. Bush to use military force against the regime of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, but the Republican-dominated Senate has never looked into the matter.
    Momentum appears to be building from both parties to abolish it, as proponents of the move argue that the mandate expired long ago and that Congress should regain its powers over decisions to go to war.
    "Today's historic vote is a watershed moment," House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Gregory Meeks told colleagues. I hope that Congress is not without a role in some of the most impactful decisions our country can make."
    This week, the White House expressed its support for revoking the mandate given that there are "no current (US) military activities that rely on the 'authorization to use military force' dating back to 2002 alone as a domestic legal basis," noting that revoking the mandate would have "very little effect." on the ongoing military operations.
    But opponents of the move point out that revoking the mandate, which was used to justify military action against forces linked to al-Qaeda and the Taliban, would embolden enemies and harm counterterrorism missions.
    Democrats currently control half of the Senate seats, which means that 10 Republicans will have to join their ranks in order to pass the mandate.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 3:55 am