Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

After 31 years of closing, Austria reopens its embassy in Baghdad

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

After 31 years of closing, Austria reopens its embassy in Baghdad  Empty After 31 years of closing, Austria reopens its embassy in Baghdad

Post by Rocky Fri 12 Aug 2022, 8:23 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 

08/12/2022

{Political: Al Furat News} Austria plans to reopen its embassy in Iraq, which has been closed since 1991, by September 1, according to Austrian reports.
    And according to what the newspaper "Kurier" quoted on Thursday, informed sources, a comprehensive security concept has been developed for the Austrian embassy staff, as the embassy building in Baghdad should be located in an international protected area.
    Courier said a special liaison officer will inform the Ministry of the Interior in Vienna of current events and the situation in Iraq, including the issue of immigration.
    There is no information on this matter from the Austrian Foreign Ministry, which continues to say that the embassy in Baghdad is closed for security reasons, and the embassy in Amman performs consular functions for Iraq.
    Western diplomats, including the Austrian ambassador at the time, left Baghdad in January 1991. In 2001, the Austrian Foreign Ministry noted that the embassy in Iraq "never officially closed."
    Since then, the office of the Austrian Trade Representative has reopened in Baghdad, while the Trade Representative has also worked as a trade advisor at the Austrian Embassy.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 1:29 am