Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

British government minister: MPs tried to kill themselves because of the situation in Iraq

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

British government minister: MPs tried to kill themselves because of the situation in Iraq Empty British government minister: MPs tried to kill themselves because of the situation in Iraq

Post by Rocky Tue 12 Sep 2023, 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    [size=52]British government minister: MPs tried to kill themselves because of the situation in Iraq[/size]
    • September 10 16:02

Information/translation.. 
    Former British government minister Roy Stewart confirmed on Sunday that a number of deputies in former Prime Minister David Cameron's government tried to kill themselves and suffered "complete collapses" due to job pressures and the position on Iraq. 
    The British Daily Mail newspaper, in a report translated by the Information Agency, quoted Stewart, who served in the governments of David Cameron and Theresa May, as saying: “It is a miracle that some of his former colleagues in Parliament did not commit suicide.”
    He added, "Politicians had to pretend they knew everything, but in reality they knew nothing. I don't want to talk about the details because this is a very personal matter for people, but yes, my colleagues tried to kill themselves."
    He continued, "There are other colleagues who have had complete meltdowns, in a way that is more humiliating, personal, and embarrassing, and publicly, and I believe that the reason for this is that the gap between the way in which representatives are encouraged to present themselves to the public and their true identity is almost completely incompatible." 
    Reflecting on his time as an MP, he explained: "I ended up despising myself. I would find myself feeling kind of scared trying to sit next to David Cameron at lunch, and sending these text messages saying congratulations on your latest policy, which I didn't really believe in."
    He explained, "I was the acting governor of an Iraqi province responsible for three million people, and a professor at Harvard University, and I was running a charity in Afghanistan, and so I began to feel that, in my early forties, I had turned into a child." 
    It is noteworthy that "Stewart was expelled from the Conservative Party by Boris Johnson in September 2019 when he and others voted to try to prevent Britain from leaving the European Union without a deal, as he stressed by saying that he disagreed with the Conservatives "because I belong to a more centrist and conservative tradition and do not feel comfortable in... The direction the party is heading in at the present time.” Ended/25 D

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jun 2024, 6:40 am