Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

American newspaper: Iraqis are "confused" about Saddam's palaces

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

American newspaper: Iraqis are "confused" about Saddam's palaces Empty American newspaper: Iraqis are "confused" about Saddam's palaces

Post by Rocky Sat 28 Oct 2023, 10:45 am

American newspaper: Iraqis are "confused" about Saddam's palaces
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |Today
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad Today - Translation
    Today, Saturday (October 28, 2023), the American newspaper The Sun discussed the fate of “the palaces of injustice belonging to the ousted Iraqi president Saddam Hussein,” stressing that the Iraqi government now faces a dilemma regarding the survival of these palaces.
    The newspaper explained, according to what was translated by “Baghdad Today,” that “the presidential palaces belonging to the former regime, which number up to a hundred palaces throughout the governorates, are now subject to “major neglect” that has made their collapse a matter of time, stressing that “Iraqis are now confused about their affairs.” Invest in these palaces or leave them to ruin.”
    The newspaper pointed out that "the reason for the confusion to which the Iraqis are exposed is the 'psychological suffering' that these palaces represent for them due to their association with the former dictatorial regime," stressing, "On the one hand, the presence of these palaces represents a reminder to the Iraqis of a difficult era that they experienced that may have been better if it disappeared." On the other hand, many of them believe that reconstructing and investing in these palaces as museums and official institutions is the best solution.”
    It is noteworthy that some of the palaces mentioned were rehabilitated by the Iraqi government and used as museums and tourist resorts, such as the palace in Babylon Governorate, which was built on “village rubble” that the previous regime bulldozed to build it .
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 11:25 pm