Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Six international missions visit Iraq to excavate antiquities in Dhi Qar

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Six international missions visit Iraq to excavate antiquities in Dhi Qar Empty Six international missions visit Iraq to excavate antiquities in Dhi Qar

Post by Rocky Sat 10 Feb 2024, 4:42 am

Six international missions visit Iraq to excavate antiquities in Dhi Qar

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2024-02-10 02:03
    Font

Shafaq News/ The Dhi Qar Antiquities Inspectorate revealed today, Saturday, the imminent arrival of 6 international excavation missions to the archaeological areas in the governorate, which is located to the south of Iraq.
    The director of the inspectorate, Shamil Al-Rumaid, told Shafaq News Agency, “Dhi Qar Governorate will witness, from the end of this month, and until the beginning of next month, the arrival of 6 international excavation missions to the archaeological areas in the governorate for the purpose of completing what was started by these missions earlier.” ".

He explained that "the excavation missions carry Italian, French, American, and British nationalities," pointing out that "the most prominent sites that will be excavated are: Eridu, Tell Zargul, Lagash, Larsa, and Garso in the central and northern regions of Dhi Qar."
    Dhi Qar includes about 1,200 archaeological sites, most of which date back to the dawn of the Sumerian, Akkadian, Babylonian, Achaemenid, Parthian, Sasanian, and Islamic dynasties and civilizations.
    The governorate is considered one of the richest cities in important archaeological monuments, as it includes the house of the Prophet Abraham and the historic Ziggurat of Ur, in addition to the royal cemetery, Shulki Palace, and the Temple of Deb Lal Mach, which is considered the oldest court in history.
    Iraq's antiquities were subjected to looting and theft after 2003, as well as after ISIS invaded a number of Iraqi cities in mid-2014, and took advantage of the sale of antiquities to finance its members.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 28 Sep 2024, 11:32 pm