Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Estonia's New Same-Sex Partnerships Law Prompts Legal Confusion

Lobo
    Lobo

Estonia's New Same-Sex Partnerships Law Prompts Legal Confusion Empty Estonia's New Same-Sex Partnerships Law Prompts Legal Confusion

Post by Lobo Sun 03 Jan 2016, 2:58 pm

Estonia's New Same-Sex Partnerships Law Prompts Legal Confusion

Couples were advised to hold off a bit before entering a union.

01/03/2016 12:18 pm ET

STOCKHOLM (AP) — A law allowing gay partnerships took effect in Estonia on Friday, but same-sex couples are being advised to hold off on getting hitched until a series of legal issues have been worked out.

Estonia in 2014 became the first former Soviet republic to approve gay civil unions, but Parliament has not yet adopted laws required to implement that decision.

While couples can enter into unions, the Estonian Chamber of Notaries says there are legal uncertainties related to divorce, inheritance and other practical matters.

For that reason, the chamber has advised same-sex couples to consider waiting until the rules become clearer.

Estonia, which like Baltic neighbors Latvia and Lithuania was occupied by the Soviet Union for almost five decades, is considered the most Western-oriented of the former Soviet republics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/estonia-gay-partnerships-law_56895697e4b014efe0dab799?utm_hp_ref=politics&ir=Politics§ion=politics

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 2:10 pm