Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmea

Lobo
    Lobo

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmea Empty Apple-Cinnamon Oatmea

Post by Lobo Thu 07 Jan 2016, 8:27 pm

Apple-Cinnamon Oatmea Img23l
    Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal
    Apple-Cinnamon Oatmea Translucent
    Be the first to Write a Review
    Prep Time: 10 minutes
    Cook Time: 10 minutes
    Servings: 4
    A bowl of oatmeal is one of the healthiest breakfasts imaginable. Shredded apple and a dash of cinnamon complement the wonderfully earthy flavor of the grain. Seek out good stone-ground oats at a health-food store and follow the package instructions for the precise proportion of water to oats and the cooking time. If you wish to enrich the oatmeal, add pats of butter and some milk, half-and-half or heavy cream to individual servings.

Ingredients:

• 3 to 4 cups water
    • 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
    • 1 cup coarsely ground whole-grain oatmeal
    • 2 large, crisp, sweet apples, halved and cored
    • 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    • 1/4 cup honey, or to taste

Directions:

In a saucepan over high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil. Add the salt. Stirring continuously to prevent lumps from forming, add the oatmeal.

Reduce the heat to very low, cover the pan and cook until the oatmeal is thick and creamy, following the cooking time on the package instructions.

When the oatmeal is ready, uncover the pan and, using the large holes of a box grater/shredder, shred the apples directly into the pan. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and stir well.

Spoon the oatmeal into warmed individual bowls and drizzle evenly with the honey. Serve immediately.
    Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library Series, Breakfasts & Brunches, by Norman Kolpas (Time-Life Books, 1997).

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 8:58 pm