Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Dallas Cowboys | Time for a Ring is Now!

jedi17
    jedi17

Dallas Cowboys | Time for a Ring is Now! Empty Dallas Cowboys | Time for a Ring is Now!

Post by jedi17 Thu 15 Dec 2016, 7:05 pm

Dallas Cowboys | Time for a Ring is Now!

Earned that right to be the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys or not, there might be a time in the near future when earning a spot because of your early success will mean nothing if you can’t finish what you started. Dak Prescott has literally been other-worldly for the first nine or ten games of this 2016 NFL Season.
    Prescott’s stats are just off the charts when it comes to more than 2/3rd of the games this season, and that is not debatable at all. The kid literally had the greatest rookie season for an NFL quarterback in probably the last fifty years. Was that because opposing defensive coordinators just didn’t really know what they were going up against? Was it because he’s just that good and will go down as the greatest rookie QB in the history of the NFL?
    I wouldn’t count on the latter so much as I would that first question. Dak came as a surprise to not just opposing teams, but to the entire National Football League, but now there’s a bit of tape on what he can and can’t do, right now. And, in the last three games, his other-worldly play has weaned a little to the point where this offense just doesn’t look the same as it did the first nine or ten games when they were averaging around 25 points a game. Heck, they’ve only scored 24 points in the last two games, and it’s painfully obvious that the offensive side of the ball didn’t do their part on that second game.
    We could literally break down every bit of that offensive side of the football from certain personnel changes like losing a couple tight ends who were part of this running game. We could also state that a certain wide receiver in the starting line-up just isn’t playing like himself right now. But, what it all comes down to is the fact that opposing defenses have found a little chink in the armor that is Dak Prescott’s playing ability.

They have realized that if you just play enough man defense on his passing weapons and bring the rush to the point where he doesn’t really have enough time to pick you apart, he’s going to get flustered enough to not be able to read those second and third options. Another thing defenses seem to be doing right now is making sure that defensive edge stays put so as to contain Dak in the pocket and not give him those running lanes he had early in the season.
    Can he work through these minor issues within the next game or two? I’m pretty sure this kid didn’t guide this Cowboys team to eleven straight wins without actually knowing how to work through adversity and come out on top. That’s not what I’m saying right now. What I am saying is that if he cannot figure this out earlier rather than later. Well, then there comes a point in these last three games where the Cowboys front office needs to decide whether to bring in that back-up quarterback who’s fully healthy and ready to show the league he’s still got a little bit more left in the tank.
    Anyone who’s watched professional football throughout their lives knows that there was a time this season where Dak was going to look like a rookie quarterback. Yes, he looked lost this past Sunday against the New York Giants, but he necessarily hasn’t been the same player since that amazing game on Thanksgiving Day.
    Now the surging Tampa Bay Buccaneers are on their way to AT&T Stadium for a Sunday Night Football match-up that was flexed early this month by the powers-that-be in the NFL because well, who doesn’t want to watch the Dallas Cowboys on primetime television this season?
    This Week 15 match-up is obviously not a division game like the one last week up at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, but extremely important nonetheless. The Cowboys need to come out and show what they’ve done the first couple of games against this vaunted Buccaneers defense or it’s going to be a long night.
    If Prescott returns to form like he did those first couple of games where the offense was literally eating up the clock and making opposing defenses pay for any little mistake, then we’re just talking about air. Then again, if Dak looks like he just hasn’t gotten a hold of what needs to be done when teams rush five or six guys at you while not letting you see the open man, then this quarterback dilemma this team had early in the season is fresh in the minds of every Cowboys fan in the world.

Is there a rookie wall in Dallas? These last three games allude to that possibility at the quarterback position, and if it continues then why would you not try and right this fast-moving ship into the playoffs with a seasoned veteran, who by the way, is the reason why this offensive unit is built the way it is with this Top-5 offensive unit and a rookie running back who was literally brought in to compliment a quarterback who isn’t as mobile as he used to be and knows the offensive playbook like the back of his hand?

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 11:20 am