Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

G42 Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets: High-event hockey

jedi17
    jedi17

G42 Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets: High-event hockey Empty G42 Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets: High-event hockey

Post by jedi17 Mon 09 Jan 2017, 3:44 pm

G42 Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets: High-event hockey

Following a home-and-home series against Vancouver, the Calgary Flames are back in action tonight against another Canadian team in Winnipeg.

The Jets have been somewhat of a disappointment this season as, despite adding Patrik Laine to an already talented roster, Arizona, and Colorado are the only Western Conference teams below the Jets in points percentage. That says a lot given the West has much weaker than anyone would have predicted.

That said, the Jets have been playing better of late winning six of their last 10 games. While solid, their record may actually be underselling how well they've been playing as they're 6th in 5v5 shot attempt for% and 2nd in scoring chance for% over the last 10 games.

Laine's absence (concussion) will certainly hurt the Jets' chances but I don't think this will be a cakewalk for the Flames, even though they've played well of late.

Here are the expected line combinations for the Flames:

Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
    Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Alex Chiasson
    Kris Versteeg - Sam Bennett - Micheal Ferland
    Lance Bouma - Matt Stajan - Garnet Hathaway

Mark Giordano - Dougie Hamilton
    T.J. Brodie - Dennis Wideman
    Jyrki Jokipakka - Deryk Engelland

Chad Johnson

And the expected lines for the Jets (via dailyfaceoff.com):

Mathieu Perrault - Nic Petan - Blake Wheeler
    Nik Ehlers - Mark Scheifele - Drew Stafford
    Shawn Mathias - Adam Lowry - Joel Armia
    Brandon Tanev - Andrew Copp - Chris Thorburn

Josh Morrissey - Dustin Byfuglien
    Tobias Enstrom - Jacob Trouba
    Ben Chiarot - Paul Postma

Connor Hellebuyck

A few notes:

1) The Jets have struggled on the penalty kill all year as they're 28th in shot attempts against/60, 27th in goals against/60 and 28th in scoring chances against/60. Winnipeg is known to be undisciplined, too, so the Flames should get a few opportunities to take advantage of their poor kill.

2) Tkachuk is currently riding a nine-game point streak, the longest of any rookie this season. Can he extend it to 10 tonight? Maybe it'd help him get the recognition he deserves.

3) There have been at least seven goals scored in four of the Jets' last five games. They can score, and their goaltending hasn't been good, so I'd expect this to be another high-event game.

Tonight's game is scheduled for 8:00 eastern and can be seen on TSN3 and SNW.

Current date/time is Fri 26 Apr 2024, 11:50 pm