Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Washington Capitals

jedi17
    jedi17

Washington Capitals Empty Washington Capitals

Post by jedi17 Wed 08 Feb 2017, 6:55 pm

Holtby with (yawn) ANOTHER Shutout 
    February 8, 2017, 12:09 PM ET [22 Comments]
    James Tanner
    Washington Capitals Was Washington Capitals Blogger • RSS • Archive • CONTACT

Another day, another Capitals shut-out.  

Final score: Washington 5, Carolina 0.  

Yes the Caps are scoring a ton, and yes they are getting balance throughout the line-up. Yes, having three #1 defenseman on the same roster makes them super hard to play against, but no one talks enough about their goalies. (I assume, I don't keep track of everything everyone talks about). 

All I ever hear about is how Dubnyk and Price are so great.  

Guess whose team has been the best in the NHL for 140 straight games and counting?  

Somehow, Braydon Holtby, who won last year's Vezina, is currently a more valuable fantasy hockey commodity than Connor McDavid, and has been the best goalie in hockey going on three years now, doesn't get enough press. 

He has seven shutouts this year. Three the year he won the Vezina. Nine the year before that. (Wasn't even a finalist that year). 

In fact, he has 30 career shut-outs in less than 300 games.  

You know who doesn't quite have a shut-out in ten percent of his career games? 

Martin Brodeur. (It's like 9.8% ) 

Of course, Holtby would have to keep this pace up for another six Trump terms, but I think he's got the stamina.  

Holtby is on pace on to be the NHL's shut-out King. Of course, if you're not a poltergeist and you're reading this, you're on pace to live forever, so I don't know how much you should read into that stat. 

Anyways, Holtby got his seventh shutout last night, and the Caps tenth of the season overall. They are shutting opponents out in almost 20% of their games.  

That's crazy talk. It sounds like something Ted Cruz would say, only it's actually true.  

On Thursday, Detroit comes to town. Detroit is known for awesome music and murder. Washington for politics and murder. If I had to guess, I would say the Capitals will murder the Red Wings.  

Seems like the marketing department is missing out on some really good cross promotions between this game and a possible CSI franchise. Maybe David Caruso could at least drop the puck? 

That's all I got for today.  

Go Caps!!

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:54 am