Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Colorado Avalanche

jedi17
    jedi17

Colorado Avalanche  Empty Colorado Avalanche

Post by jedi17 Thu 23 Feb 2017, 8:21 pm

Iginla waits, hopes for trade
    February 23, 2017, 1:31 PM ET [26 Comments]
    Rick Sadowski
    Colorado Avalanche  Col Colorado Avalanche Blogger • Avalanche Insider • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    The Avalanche play in Nashville on Thursday, a quick one-game trip before returning home to face Buffalo at the Pepsi Center on Saturday.

Here are the GAME NOTES. 

Not a whole lot going on following Erik Johnson's announcement on Wednesday that he is planning to make his long-awaited return to the lineup Saturday against the Sabres, assuming there are no setbacks between now and then.

Jeremy Smith will start in goal even though Calvin Pickard has had four consecutive solid games but only one win to show for it, last Friday's 2-1 overtime win at Carolina. Pickard has allowed eight goals -- seven in regulation -- in this stretch, but the Avalanche have totaled five goals, four in regulation.

Meanwhile, Jarome Iginla continues to play the waiting game. Will the Avalanche find a trading partner for him before the March 1 deadline?

"Yeah, I think about it," he said. "I think most guys probably do when there's uncertainty. It's coming quick. From my point of view, it's nice to play games, just focus on games, enjoy that part, enjoy competing. There's a lot of unknowns. I'm not sure what's going to happen. It will come quick enough."

Iginla, who has seven goals -- four on power plays -- and nine assists in 58 games, has made it known he'd like to be moved to a contender for what could be his final chance at that elusive Stanley Cup.

Iginla is in the final year of a three-year, $16 million contract. He won't be back with the Avalanche and this could very well be his last NHL season.

I hope he gets his wish. You won't find a nicer, classier person anywhere.

The Avalanche lineup:

FORWARDS
    Gabriel Landeskog -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Matt Nieto 
    Mikko Rantanen -- Matt Duchene -- Blake Comeau
    Mikhail Grigorenko -- John Mitchell -- Jarome Iginla
    Andreas Martinsen -- Carl Soderberg -- Joe Colborne

DEFENSE
    Fedor Tyutin -- Tyson Barrie
    Francois Beauchemin -- Mark Barberio
    Patrick Wiercioch -- Cody Goloubef

GOALIES
    Jeremy Smith