Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Schumer: Democrats will filibuster SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch

Lobo
    Lobo

Schumer: Democrats will filibuster SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch Empty Schumer: Democrats will filibuster SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch

Post by Lobo Thu 23 Mar 2017, 2:42 pm

Schumer: Democrats will filibuster SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch

Kaitlyn Schallhorn 2 hours

Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) announced Thursday that Senate Democrats plan to filibuster Judge Neil Gorsuch’s Supreme Court nomination.
    Speaking from the Senate floor Thursday morning, Schumer announced that he would not vote for Gorsuch’s confirmation and said Democrats will demand that he receive at least 60 votes in order to be confirmed to the highest federal court.
    “After careful deliberation, I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” Schumer said. “His nomination will have a cloture vote. He will have to earn 60 votes for confirmation. My vote will be no, and I urge my colleagues to do the same.”
    Should Gorsuch fail to garner 60 votes, the Minority Leader said, “the answer isn’t to change the rules — it’s to change the nominee.”

Schumer said he’s reviewed Gorsuch’s record and criticized his “lack of candor and desire to answer” questions posed by the Senate Judiciary Committee during his confirmation hearing this week.
    “Judge Gorsuch was not able to convince me that he would be an independent check on a president who has shown almost no restraint from executive overreach,” Schumer said. “He was unable to convince me that he would be a mainstream justice who could rule free from the biases of politics and ideology.”
    Schumer added that Gorsuch’s record shows he has a “deep-seated conservative ideology” and “groomed by the Federalist Society,” a conservative nonprofit legal organization.
    “He is someone who almost instinctively favors the powerful over the weak, corporations over working Americans,” Schumer continued. “There could not be a worse time for someone with those instincts.”
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03/23/schumer-democrats-will-filibuster-scotus-nominee-neil-gorsuch/

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 2:35 am