Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Iraq Dinar/News is a popular topic among many topics this board offers.

See the footer of the board for our Facebook and My business pages.

Be sure and join our Dinar Only Newsletter Email list. It is located on the right. Your User Account Email when joining the board is for with in Neno's Place use of board information which you can control in your profile settings.

Neno

NOTES:
For "Advertising" with in my board to our Membership and Visitors see our "Sponsor Ad Info" in the Navbar. Neno's Place receives a low of 50,000 views a week to over 100,000 plus many times thru out the year.

I can be reached by phone or text 7am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.
Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Longest Dinar holding Community. Reach Admin by Private Message. Copyright © 2006-2017

Kurdistan oil producer Gulf Keystone plummets on $500 mln debt to equity swap

rocky

Post by rocky on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 6:34 am

Posted on July 14, 2016 by Editorial Staff in Oil & Gas

Photo credit: Courtesy of fahad-ksa/ flickr

LONDON,— Gulf Keystone Petroleum (LON:GKP) has revealed its long awaited debt restructuring deal, which will see half a billion dollars of debt converted into equity.
In London GKP sharesslumped more than 45% in early deals, falling to as low as 2.36p, to value the existing equity at less than £25mln.
The Iraqi Kurdistan oil firm’s indebtedness reduces to around US$100mln as a result of the proposals.

Current shareholders will end up with just 5% of the company, as a result of equity dilution, though they will have the chance to participate in a US$25mln open offer (which if fully taken up will leave them with a total of 10% of the company).
Together with the US$25mln capital raise the company highlighted that some US$32.5mln if cash reserves (previously held under debt covenant) would now be unlocked.
Consequently it now expects to have funds to implement plans to maintain production at 40,000 barrels of oil per day at the Shaikan field.
The transactions require the approval of both shareholders and bondholders.
Gulf Keystone warned that if the proposed restructuring does not proceed the available alternatives are likely to leave zero value for shareholders.
“Following months of negotiation, and in the absence of deliverable alternatives, the board believes the proposed restructuring offers the best possible outcome for all,” said Andrew Simon, Gulf Keystone chairman.
Simon acknowledged the “significant value destruction” that has occurred in recent months as a result of low oil prices, geopolitical impacts and the group’s debt problems.
“To address the liquidity and significant leverage situation faced by the Company, we have to restructure the balance sheet now,” he added.
Jón Ferrier, chief executive, said: “Without the restructuring and the improved liquidity delivered by the transaction, the company cannot avoid insolvency or capture the significant future potential of the Shaikan field.

“In my view this is the best possible transaction for existing stakeholders in these very challenging circumstances, and I urge stakeholders to support it.”
He added: “we have the foundations of a strong future equity story for a restructured GKP to develop the Shaikan field and unlock its potential as one of the most significant assets in Kurdistan.
“Without a successful consensual restructuring, Shareholders and Convertible Bondholders have no realistic chance of preserving current value or participating in future value.”

http://ekurd.net/kurdistan-gulf-keystone-debt-2016-07-14

Current date/time is Thu 08 Dec 2016, 6:01 pm