Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Effort there, results not as Devils' losing streak reaches six

jedi17
    jedi17

Effort there, results not as Devils' losing streak reaches six Empty Effort there, results not as Devils' losing streak reaches six

Post by jedi17 Mon 19 Dec 2016, 8:25 pm

Effort there, results not as Devils' losing streak reaches six

For the second time in as many nights, the New Jersey Devils put forth a solid and were probably the better team, but they once again left the ice without two points.

The Devils led for much of the game but blew 1-0 and 2-1 leads before eventually falling to the New York Rangers in a shootout.

Some notes:

1) The Devils are in desperate need of wins, and they once again failed to get one, but I think they have made some real progress over the last couple games.

Last night, for example, the Devils controlled play for much of the night against the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference.

The Devils held a slight edge in 5v5 shot attempts (46-43) but there was a big difference when it came to scoring chances. The Devils out-chanced the Rangers 23-14 in that game state. They were able to generate plenty of sustained offensive zone pressure and did a much better job of getting the puck out of their own zone and spending as little time there as possible.

Again, they didn't get the win but they did pick up a point and outplayed one of the top teams in hockey in their own building. That's progress.

2) One thing I noticed throughout the game: the Devils were getting a lot more traffic to the net. They were around the paint crashing for rebounds quite a bit and that's not something we have seen a lot from them. When you're struggling to score the best thing to do is live around the net. 

3) Taylor Hall didn't get on the scoresheet but I thought he played one of his best games as a Devil. He had five shots on goal and was buzzing around the ice all night, especially in overtime where he skated three shifts and helped generate plenty of quality chances. He's such a difference-maker.

4) Cory Schneider played well and, in terms of save percentage, had his best game since November 15th in Dallas. The Devils are already 10 points back of a playoff spot but there is a lot of season remaining. If the Devils are going to climb the standings and make things somewhat interesting, they'll need more performances like that.

5) It was nice to see P.A. Parenteau, Beau Bennett and Pavel Zacha back in the lineup. The Devils certainly missed the offensive depth, although it was their decisions that caused the problem to begin with.

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:02 am