Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Gruyère and Caramelized Shallot Fondue

Lobo
    Lobo

Gruyère and Caramelized Shallot Fondue Empty Gruyère and Caramelized Shallot Fondue

Post by Lobo Fri 23 Dec 2016, 4:48 pm

Gruyère and Caramelized Shallot Fondue Img15l
    Gruyère and Caramelized Shallot Fondue

Prep Time: 20 minutes
    Cook Time: 15 minutes
    Servings: 4
    Shallots add a depth of flavor to nutty Gruyère in this classic fondue. Serve with a variety of fresh vegetables and bread cubes. Or, for an especially decadent experience, serve with homemade gougères.

Ingredients:

• 1 lb. (500 g) Gruyère cheese, grated
    • 1 Tbs. cornstarch
    • 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
    • 3 shallots, thinly sliced
    • 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) white wine
    • 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) heavy cream
    • 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    • 1 1/2 lb. (750 g) assorted vegetables, such as Belgian endive leaves, thinly sliced radishes, and bite-sized cauliflower florets
    • 1/2 loaf crusty bread, cubed

Related Recipes

Directions:

In a bowl, toss the cheese with the cornstarch. Set aside.

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallots and sauté until caramelized, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the wine to the pan. When it comes to a simmer, whisk in the cream, Dijon and nutmeg. Lower the heat to medium-low and add a third of the cheese mixture. Cook, stirring, frequently, until the cheese is melted. Repeat twice more to add the remaining cheese mixture, stirring after each addition until all of the cheese is melted. Season with salt and pepper.

Transfer the mixture to a fondue pot and keep warm according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Serve with the vegetables and bread cubes alongside for dipping into the cheese with individual fondue forks. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen

Related Tips

Hosting a Fondue Party

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 3:27 am