Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Nashville Predators

jedi17
    jedi17

Nashville Predators Empty Nashville Predators

Post by jedi17 Fri 06 Jan 2017, 7:52 pm

Big Win... now get back to work!
    January 6, 2017, 3:47 PM ET [1 Comments]
    Nashville Predators 24Paul McCann
    Nashville Predators Nas Nashville Predators Blogger • Predators Radio Network • RSS • Archive • CONTACT
    What a night of hockey last night… Columbus’ streak comes to an end, the US wins gold in the World Juniors and the Nashville Predators completely dismantle the Tampa Bay Lightning 6-1 on the strength of an outstanding game from Ryan Johansen, a hat trick from Colton Sissons, strong play from Pekka Rinne and a successful return to the lineup by Anthony Bitetto.

It was an odd hat trick for Sissons… it’s rare that the second goal of a hat trick is an empty netter, but Tampa head coach Jon Cooper pulled Andrei Vasilevskiy with over 6 minutes to go in the game… the third coming on a put back of a rebound with the Tamp netminder back in place.

It was the type of game the Predators needed… hard working and simple. Most especially simple… it is a simplicity that the team needs to carry forward tonight against the Panthers as they go for their 5th consecutive road win. It is something they have to remember to bring to Bridgestone Arena as well…

Florida comes into tonight’s game as a franchise in chaos. They tore apart a successful team from last season and the team appears to be struggling on and off the ice. Firing Gerard Gallant was a starnge move, demoting Dale Tallon, then putting Tallon back into the role… there is talent here, but you gotta wonder when they are going to settle out and begin rowing in the same direction.

The Panthers have dropped their last five home games after a decent start to their home season. The Cats are five points out of the Eastern Conference playoff picture with three teams to leap over. The questions for Nashville surround injuries. James Neal missed last night’s game with an Upper Body Injury and Viktor ARvidsson left the game in the third period… no updates on those two players as I write this.

I expect Juuse Saros in net tonight, although nothing official has been announced. Roberto Luongo will be between the pipes for Florida. 

Game time is 6:30pm…coverage on Fox Sports Tennessee and 102.5 the Game. 

---------------------------------

Random Notes

Where We Stand – After last night’s play, the Nashville Predators stand 4th in the Central Division, training 3rd place St. Louis by 6 points with a game in hand. Nashville is 1 point out of a Wild Card spot. The Predators are 3 points behind, with two games in hand over the first wild card team Calgary and have a game in hand over the 2nd Wild Card team, Los Angeles who they trail by 1 point..

- One year ago today, the Predators pulled the trigger on the Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones trade. There are some observers that have been roasting Johansen and for the life of me I can’t figure out why. He has been an outstanding addition to the team. He leads the team in points, assists,, game winning goals, and power play points. Johansen has certainly lived up to his billing.  

- Last night’s second goal of the game was not only the game winner, but it was Filip Forsberg’s sixth goal in the last eight games.

- Nashville has won 8 of their last 11 against Florida.

- When last we saw this Panthers team, there were a bunch of SlapShot Radio fans at the BB&T Center… and the Wendy’s in Sunrise got a post-game visit!

- Columbus’ win streak is done… thanks to a 5-0 drubbing from the Washington Capitals.

- What a helluva final in the World Juniors… I hate that they use a shootout to decide the gold medal. Congrats to Team USA.

- Seven games in the NHL tonight, all times CST – 6pm – EDM @ BOS, CBJ @ WSH. 6:30pm – NSH @ TBL. 7pm – CAR @ STL. 7:30pm - BUF @ CHI. 9:30pm - DET @ LAK, MIN @ SJS.

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 1:38 am