Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Leafs claim McElhinney off waivers, Matthews named All Star

jedi17
    jedi17

Leafs claim McElhinney off waivers, Matthews named All Star Empty Leafs claim McElhinney off waivers, Matthews named All Star

Post by jedi17 Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:53 am

Leafs claim McElhinney off waivers, Matthews named All Star

The Toronto Maple Leafs have claimed goaltender Curtis McElhinney off of waivers from the Columbus Blue Jackets. The 33-year-old played seven games for the Jackets, with a 2-1-2 record, 2.39 GAA and .924 save percentage backing up starter Sergei Bobrovsky. 

Head coach John Tortorella soured on McElhinney after his club blew a lead to the New York Rangers on Saturday and the Blue Jackets have Anton Forsberg and Joonas Korpisalo in the pipeline. 

McElhinney makes $800,000 and is an unrestricted free agent after this season and should get into action for his new club immediately, as the Leafs play back-to-back in New York and Ottawa Friday and Saturday. 

The claim is an acknowledgement that head coach Mike Babcock did not have confidence that rookie Antoine Bibeau was not ready for the NHL.

The 22-year-old won AHL Goaltender of the month for October, but struggled with the Toronto Marlies before being recalled. Bibeau was loaned to the Marlies three times since the demotion of Jhonas Enroth in early December to get some work and his performances have done nothing to inspire any confidence (1-3-0, .902 save percentage). 

Leafs rookie Auston Matthews was one of eleven players selected to represent the Atlantic Division in the NHL All Star game in Los Angeles on January 29.

The 19-year-old Matthews leads the Leafs with 21 goals and is tied with Winnipeg's Patrik Laine for the NHL rookie scoring lead. 

The Atlantic Division is represented by Nikita Kucherov(TB), Brad Marchand(BOS), Frans Nielsen(DET), Kyle Okposo(BUF), Vincent Trocheck(FL), Victor Hedman(TB), Erik Karlsson(OTT), Shea Weber (MTL), Carey Price(MTL) and Tuukka Rask (BOS). 

Current date/time is Wed 01 May 2024, 8:12 pm