Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

UN report: 15.7 million Yemenis without access to clean water

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

UN report: 15.7 million Yemenis without access to clean water Empty UN report: 15.7 million Yemenis without access to clean water

Post by Rocky Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:16 am

UN report: 15.7 million Yemenis without access to clean water

14/08/2017

A report by the United Nations on Sunday painted a tragic picture of the humanitarian situation in Yemen, where 15.7 million of the country's population is reportedly without access to clean water, while 14.8 million do not receive adequate health care.

The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said in a report that Yemen is suffering from a severe deterioration in health services and sewage systems against the background of the war that has been taking place in the country for nearly three years.

The report stated that 14.8 million people in Yemen do not have access to adequate health care, and 15.7 million do not have access to clean water and sanitation due to the disruption or damage of infrastructure.

The report said that children and the elderly are the most affected by the cholera epidemic in the country since April, which killed 197 people and injured 498,000.

He pointed out that 30% of deaths due to the disease are elderly and 25% of children, while the proportion of children suspected of infection more than 41% of the total number of infected.

More than 60% of Yemen's population is at risk of food insecurity, 7 million are severely food insecure and 2 million are severely malnourished, according to the report.

The United Nations provided support to 267,721 households in 19 of Yemen's 22 provinces in the form of purchase vouchers and direct cash transfers in July. Sf

http://aletejahtv.org/permalink/176720.html

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 am