Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Amnesty International accuses UAE of committing war crimes in Yemen

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Amnesty International accuses UAE of committing war crimes in Yemen Empty Amnesty International accuses UAE of committing war crimes in Yemen

Post by Rocky Thu 12 Jul 2018, 3:07 am

Amnesty International accuses UAE of committing war crimes in Yemen %D8%AD%D8%B1%D8%A8-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%85%D9%86-660x330

Amnesty International accuses UAE of committing war crimes in Yemen

Amnesty International accused the United Arab Emirates and allied Yemeni forces on Thursday of torturing detainees in a network of secret prisons in southern Yemen, calling for an investigation into these violations as war crimes.
    Amnesty said in a statement that scores of people had been "forcibly disappeared" following an "arbitrary arrest campaign" by UAE forces and Yemeni forces, which the organization said operated independently of its government.
    An investigation conducted between March 2016 and May 2018 in the governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Hadramout in southern Yemen documented widespread use of torture and other ill-treatment in Yemeni and UAE facilities, including beatings, electric shocks and sexual violence.
    Amnesty International's Director of Crisis Response Program Tirana Hassan accused the UAE of creating a "parallel security structure outside the law" and that "blatant violations without restriction" continue within this structure.
    For its part, the UAE denied previous charges of torture, saying it did not run prisons or secret detention centers in Yemen.
    UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Anwar Gargash said that the role of the UAE in the Yemeni file and its participation in the Saudi-led Arab alliance was subjected to a campaign of defamation.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 6:05 am