Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

The Dollar Falls After Trump Criticizes Central American

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

The Dollar Falls After Trump Criticizes Central American Empty The Dollar Falls After Trump Criticizes Central American

Post by Rocky Tue 21 Aug 2018, 6:18 am

The Dollar Falls After Trump Criticizes Central American

The Dollar Falls After Trump Criticizes Central American 9552

The dollar fell on Tuesday after US President Donald Trump criticized the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates.
    Trump said on Monday he was "unhappy" with US central bank president Jerome Powell's interest rate hike, adding that the bank should do more to help support the economy.
    US presidents rarely criticize the Federal Reserve, whose independence is important for economic stability. But Trump has given priority to reducing the US trade deficit, and the combination of rising interest rates and rising dollar risk for export growth.
    The dollar index fell against a basket of six other currencies 0.3 percent to 95.596 by 0730 GMT, after touching 95.440, its lowest level since Aug. 9.
    Against the greenback, the euro rose 0.3 percent to $ 1.154.
    Concerns about euro zone banks' damage to Turkey's currency crisis and the uncertainty surrounding the Italian government's planned budget for the single European currency have been pressing recently.
    Trump's comments appear to have boosted investors' appetite for the yen as a safe-haven asset.
    The yen settled little changed at 110.08 yen to the dollar, wiping out gains after touching the high of 109.775 yen earlier.
    On Tuesday, the dollar fell below the important psychological level of 110 yen for the first time since June 28.
    The Australian dollar was up 0.13 percent at $ 0.7350 after Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull won a narrowly narrow vote on the leadership of the Liberal Party.

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 10:33 am