Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

A "Kurdish American" dinner angers Turkey

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

A "Kurdish American" dinner angers Turkey Empty A "Kurdish American" dinner angers Turkey

Post by Rocky Sun 18 Nov 2018, 1:43 am

A "Kurdish American" dinner angers Turkey 1-1200372-660x330

A "Kurdish American" dinner angers Turkey

A joint dinner between US soldiers and members of the Kurdish People's Protection Forces has sparked widespread anger among Turkish officials, who consider the armed faction in Syria a terrorist organization.
    Turkish Defense Minister Khulosi Akar, speaking at an international forum on security in Canada, said the images circulated to individuals by the US military disturbed the Turkish people, the Daily Herriet reported.
    "What we expect is that the United States will stop cooperating with the terrorist group of the Kurdish People's Protection Units as they promised us," Akar said.
    On November 11, US soldiers appeared in the northern Syrian city of Manbeg, close to the border with Turkey, eating dinner with Kurdish fighters.
    Turkey lists the Kurdish people's protection units as part of the list of terrorist organizations and regards it as a Syrian branch of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK), which ranks a terrorist on the lists of Ankara, Washington and the European Union.
    While Washington relies on these forces in the face of an extremist organization in Syria, and has actually managed to expel him from tenderness, the largest stronghold in Syria.
    Akar said it was unacceptable for the United States to provide weapons, air support and vehicles to the Kurdish people's units even after neutralizing a large-scale organization in the region.
    The Turkish official stressed that his country would not allow the establishment of what he called the "terrorist corridor" close to the southern border with Syria.

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 8:11 pm