Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Bolton: Trump said 'I don't care if ISIS comes back into Iraq'

chouchou
    chouchou

Bolton: Trump said 'I don't care if ISIS comes back into Iraq' Empty Bolton: Trump said 'I don't care if ISIS comes back into Iraq'

Post by chouchou Fri 19 Jun 2020, 5:10 am

Former national security adviser John Bolton alleges that President Trump said in a briefing, "I don't care if ISIS comes back into Iraq."

Bolton, in his new book, The Room Where It Happened, recounted a discussion with Trump in May of last year, where the president expressed concerns over the continuing presence of the United States in Iraq. "Why don't we take them out? In Syria, we got rid of ISIS," the president allegedly stated.

Bolton continued, "What I heard next was shocking, but I distinctly remember hearing him say, 'I don't care if ISIS comes back into Iraq.'"

This would not be the first time Trump has expressed his desire to bring troops home from the Middle East and elsewhere. In October, the president ordered troops out of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. On Monday, Trump confirmed that he would be ordering thousands of troops be removed from a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. In a deal with the Taliban, signed at the end of February, the U.S. agreed that it would remove all of its remaining forces from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

In Iraq, however, the Trump administration has taken a different approach. In early January, after the killing of Iranian Gen. Qasem Soleimani in Iraq's capital city, Trump insisted that American troops would remain in the country despite protests from many of its leaders.

The president insisted that a withdrawal would be the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]."

While ISIS has largely been defeated, its forces remain a threat, and it seems the terrorist group is using the coronavirus pandemic as an opportunity to ramp up attacks. Qubad Talabani, deputy prime minister of the northern Kurdish region of Iraq, says, "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]." He asserted, "They are mobilizing and killing us in the north, and they will start hitting Baghdad soon."

Trump has wholly denied the claims in Bolton's book, calling them a "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Mon 18 Mar 2024, 11:18 pm