Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

After decades of complete isolation from the world, Iraq opens its doors again!

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

After decades of complete isolation from the world, Iraq opens its doors again! Empty After decades of complete isolation from the world, Iraq opens its doors again!

Post by Rocky Tue 29 Mar 2022, 5:48 am

[size=32]After decades of complete isolation from the world, Iraq opens its doors again![/size]
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sunday March 27, 2022 at 15:17 pm (285 views)
    FacebookTwitterGoogle plusLinkedin[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Email

Baghdad/Sky Press

Many have begun to flock to a country that has just opened its doors to the world

A year ago, entry visas were granted upon arrival in Baghdad to many foreign nationals. After decades of isolation imposed by wars, the world had forgotten its important archaeological sites, some of which are on the UNESCO World Heritage List, which compete with countries such as Egypt, Syria and Jordan.

Some tourists come individually, including content creators who explore the country and post videos on YouTube about food, population and archeology to their tens of thousands of followers, while others come in tour groups with private local companies that organize tours from Baghdad to Basra in the south and Mosul in the north.

With the exception of religious tourism, which suffers from the same problems, the sector is relatively new to the country and still lacks organization, funding, the necessary infrastructure and government interest, according to the owners of private companies who are striving on their own to attract tourists.

Ileana, who lives in California and tours Iraq with a tour company, "On Vacation", says that she has dreamed of visiting Iraq since she took art history lessons 20 years ago.

"When I knew we could get a visa on arrival, I came as soon as I could," she says. "I'm excited to see everything related to the cradle of civilizations."

"The first thing I noticed is the warmth, generosity and kindness of the Iraqi people, they welcome you with a smile, they are very polite and they are very proud of their country," she added.

Despite her enthusiasm and passion for Iraq's history, Eliana, a 50-year-old who works at Google, has noticed that the infrastructure is deteriorating.

Babylon, which turned into a military base for the international coalition during the American intervention, still bears the scars of the past, as if it was not accustomed to visitors.

On the other side of the site, construction and maintenance work, workers in yellow helmets and phosphorous jackets, prepare pieces of iron and cement, while waste is piling up around, and wild weeds and thorns extend over some of the ancient city walls.

American Justin Gonzalez, 35, talks with a smile about his experience in Iraq. "On my government's website, there is a warning against going to Iraq because of the danger of (kidnapping) and (violence), but I did not see any of that."

In the nineties of the last century, during the time of the siege and international sanctions, the Iraqis became completely isolated from the world, and this isolation was not broken after 2003 after the American intervention and the overthrow of Saddam Hussein's regime. It was followed by a series of wars, which made the image of Iraq in the world limited to scenes of destruction.

Many Western governments still officially warn their nationals against traveling to Iraq, such as the United States and France, whose State Department website refers to a "terrorist threat" and a "kidnapping risk".

However, Baghdad is seeking to take off its tourism sector despite the challenge of the lack of infrastructure. In this regard, Ali Al-Makhzoumi, the owner of the "holiday", which has been organizing tours for foreigners for 8 months, says, "In order for the infrastructure to develop, the private sector must invest in hotels, amenities and buses."

His company receives 30 to 40 tourists per month, who tour the country for about ten days. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

chouchou likes this post

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 8:40 am