Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Iraqi Prime Minister-Designate Starts Talks on Government Formation

lonelyintexas
    lonelyintexas
    Interacting Investor
    Interacting Investor

Iraqi Prime Minister-Designate Starts Talks on Government Formation Empty Iraqi Prime Minister-Designate Starts Talks on Government Formation

Post by lonelyintexas Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:03 pm

Iraqi Prime Minister-Designate Starts Talks on Government Formation

Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi began talks with the parties of the country's parliament on the formation of a new government.
    © REUTERS / Ahmed Saad

MOSCOW, August 12 (RIA Novosti) - Prime Minister-designate Haider Abadi began talks with the parties of the country's parliament on the formation of a new government, the Sky News Arabia TV channel reported Tuesday.
    Abadi confirmed that he is ready to discuss "not only the formation of a new government, but also a general policy of overcoming constitutional, political and economic issues in Iraq."
    The prime minister-designate called on all political forces "that respect the constitution and democratic practices to unite in the face of challenges Iraq needs to resolve."
    According to the channel, the talks are to last for a month.
    On Monday, Iraqi President Fuad Masum officially asked Abadi to form a new government. However, outgoing Prime Minister Nouri Maliki did not agree with Abadi's nomination and said he would take the case to court.
    Maliki accused Masum of violating the constitution by failing to name a prime minister within 15 days. When President Masum was appointed on July 24, he had an initial 15-day period to go through the political process of appointing a new prime minister.
    The process was jeopardized by Maliki's decision to seek a third term and reports that his Islamic Dawa Party had refused to cooperate in the formation of a new government.
    The nomination of Abadi as prime minister-designate has been supported by the United States, the European Union and Iran.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Wed 18 Sep 2024, 6:46 pm