Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Maliki Pledges Peaceful Fight to Retain PM Title

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Maliki Pledges Peaceful Fight to Retain PM Title Empty Maliki Pledges Peaceful Fight to Retain PM Title

Post by Rocky Thu 14 Aug 2014, 4:13 pm

Maliki Pledges Peaceful Fight to Retain PM Title

By John Lee.

It’s something many academics and Maliki observers have long feared: that if cornered, Maliki would use loyalist Iraqi forces, in particular the Iraqi Special Operations Forces, to hold onto power.
    Instead,*The Wall Street Journal* have reported that Maliki has pledged to pursue his fight to retain the top spot through the courts, something analysts say is looking increasingly unfeasible.
    Several prominent Iraq observers, including Reidar Visser and Kirk Sowell have noted for some time that Maliki’s days are well and truly numbered.
    It’s an assessment which has looked increasingly sound as former Maliki loyalists have jumped ship, including some prominent ex-allies of the PM.
    Furthermore, outside of Iraq both Iran and the United States have signaled their *patience with Maliki has run out, and crucially the highest clerical authority in Iraq, Grand Ayatollah Ali-al-Sistani has signaled his discontent with the outgoing PM.
    Maliki has called President Fouad Massoum’s nomination “unconstitutional” and vowed to continue holding on to the PM position, however he has noted that he will step down “for the unity of Iraq” if necessary.
    (Source: WSJ)

Source: Iraq-BusinessNews.com.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 06 Oct 2024, 7:44 am