Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Water resources: two measures to conserve the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Water resources: two measures to conserve the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers Empty Water resources: two measures to conserve the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers

Post by Rocky Thu 30 Jun 2022, 4:56 am

[size=46]Water resources: two measures to conserve the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers[/size]
    Iraq
    15:49 - 06-29-2022
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Today, Tuesday, the Ministry of Water Resources in the federal government stressed the need to cooperate with neighboring countries to divide water fairly, while identifying two measures to conserve the waters of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.
    The Director-General of the National Center for Water Resources Management, Hatem Hamid, said, "Iraq depends for its water revenues on neighboring countries by 70%, and 30% are generated inside the country," noting that "during the past twenty years, we have had successive droughts whose periods of occurrence began to decrease, It was every 10 years and now every 3 or 6 years we witness a year of scarcity, and then about two or three years, so there is an urgent need to cooperate with neighboring countries to divide water fairly with Iraq because it is an estuary country and is most affected by water scarcity.”
    Hamid added, "The emergency climate changes during the previous ten years greatly affected the water revenues," noting that "there are two endeavors: the first is regional in agreement with neighboring countries on water quotas that guarantee Iraq's rights, and the other is internal and national adopted by the Iraqi government, in order to implement The projects that were mentioned in the strategic study of the sectoral ministries, especially the ministries of water resources, agriculture, housing, municipalities, and the Baghdad Municipality, to take all measures to implement these projects in order to adapt to the lack of water revenues and rationalize them.
    And he added, "Iraq must go in parallel with the national endeavor, because the regional may be difficult, but the patriotism must be in our hands, allocating funds for the implementation of projects and reducing water consumption in the agricultural sector alone. It provides us with large quantities of water that can compensate for the water shortage," explaining, that "There are projects for those ministries that I mentioned that seek through the government to provide the necessary funds for the purpose of implementing these two names for the purpose of preserving the Tigris and Euphrates rivers."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sat 27 Apr 2024, 4:25 pm