Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Publishing and Media Court: The Iraqi state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression

Rocky
    Rocky
    Admin Assist
    Admin Assist

Publishing and Media Court: The Iraqi state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression Empty Publishing and Media Court: The Iraqi state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression

Post by Rocky Fri 03 May 2024, 4:36 am

Publishing and Media Court: The Iraqi state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+A
    -A

Baghdad Today - Baghdad
    Today, Thursday (May 2, 2024), the Publication and Media Court confirmed that “the Iraqi state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression,” indicating that there is no crime in Iraqi law called substandard content .
    The court judge, Amer Hassan, said in a televised statement followed by “Baghdad Al-Youm,” “There are approved international standards regarding freedom of opinion and expression, and the state guarantees freedom of opinion and expression in accordance with the constitution,” indicating that “the court does not oblige the journalist to reveal his sources.”
    He added, "There is a legal text that prevents any party from obliging a journalist to reveal his sources, as the journalist has the right to obtain information from official departments and institutions," noting that the Supreme Judicial Council protects and preserves freedoms.
    Hassan continued, "The judiciary formed specialized courts for publishing and media as a pioneering step in the region," pointing out that "we have 16 publishing and media courts in all governorates."
    He stated, “The vast majority of cases against journalists are closed in investigative courts,” noting that “violating the reputation and freedom of others does not fall within freedom of expression, just as some practices on social media sites do not fall within freedom of expression.”
    He noted that "there is no crime in Iraqi law called substandard content, but 30 judgments have been issued in cases related to substandard content."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Sun 29 Sep 2024, 9:41 am