Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Caramelized Cauliflower

Lobo
    Lobo

Caramelized Cauliflower Empty Caramelized Cauliflower

Post by Lobo Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:34 am

Caramelized Cauliflower Img76l
    Caramelized Cauliflower
    Caramelized Cauliflower Rating

Read Reviews

Write a Review
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 25 minutes
    Servings: 4
    When you roast cauliflower, it becomes tender and lightly caramelized and has none of the strong cabbagelike odors that usually develop when it is boiled or steamed. Cauliflower is a late-harvest vegetable. Choose snowy white or pale yellow heads free of blemishes.

Ingredients:

• 1 head cauliflower, about 1 1/2 lb., cored and
       cut into florets about 1 inch in diameter
    • 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1/2 tsp. kosher salt

Caramelized Cauliflower Wine-pairing-icon-white

Wine Pairing

This pairs well with crisp, medium-bodied white wines like the Spottswoode Sauvignon Blanc, Napa County/Sonoma County from our Wine Club.

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 400°F.

Arrange the cauliflower florets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over the florets, then sprinkle with the salt. Toss to coat the cauliflower evenly, then spread the florets out evenly.

Roast the cauliflower, stirring 1 or 2 times, until golden brown and crisp-tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a warmed serving bowl. Serve immediately. Serves 4.

Variation: To make caramelized curried cauliflower, in a small bowl, stir together 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, 1 tsp. curry powder and 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper. Drizzle over the cauliflower, toss to coat evenly and roast as directed above. When the cauliflower is done, in a small bowl, stir together 1/2 cup plain yogurt and 1 Tbs. Dijon mustard. Pour over the hot cauliflower and serve immediately.

Adapted from Williams-Sonoma, Essentials of Roasting, by Rick Rodgers, Melanie Barnard & Bob & Colleen Simmons (Oxmoor House, 2004).

Related Tips

Current date/time is Thu 28 Mar 2024, 6:02 pm