Glazed Spring Vegetables
Write a Review
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Finished with a sprinkling of fresh mint and parsley, these glazed vegetables are the perfect accompaniment to our Provençal Roasted Leg of Lamb
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 8 carrots, about 1 3/4 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks, or 1 3/4 lb. baby carrots, peeled and left whole
- 6 small turnips, about 1 3/4 lb. total, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks or cut in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh mint
- 1 tsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Wine PairingThis pairs well with soft, medium-bodied white wines like the Diemersdal MM Louw Sauvignon Blanc, Durbanville from our Wine Club.
Directions:In a large sauté pan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbs. of the butter. Add 1 garlic clove and the carrots and cook until just tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
In the same pan, melt the remaining 2 Tbs. butter, add the remaining garlic clove and the turnips and cook until just tender, about 8 minutes. Return the carrots to the pan, season with salt and pepper and add 1/2 cup water. Cover and simmer for 8 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook until the water has evaporated and the vegetables are glazed, about 5 minutes more.
Remove from the heat and stir in the mint and parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 8.