Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts

Lobo
    Lobo

Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts  Empty Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts

Post by Lobo Sun 15 May 2016, 5:07 pm

Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts

Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts  BB5ACEC5-017F-4207-8765-294462396376_w640_r1_s_cx0_cy2_cw0
    Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro, left, and Venezuela's Economy and Productivity Vice President Miguel Perez Abad greet supporters during a rally in Caracas, Venezuela, May 14, 2016.

VOA News
    May 15, 2016 3:19 AM
    The economic and political crisis in Venezuela deepened Saturday as President Nicolas Maduro threatened to seize closed factories and arrest their owners, whom he said were “trying to sabotage the country.”
    Maduro spoke to supporters at a rally in Caracas as the country struggles to deal with food shortages, rapid inflation and riots, and just a day after he extended a state of emergency and accused the United States of trying to destabilize the country.
    "Comrades, I am ready to hand over to communal power the factories that some conservative big wig in this country stopped. A stopped factory is a factory handed over to the people,” he said. “But we're going to do it, damn it! The time has come to do it and radicalize the revolution.”
    Maduro said that any factory owners who stopped production at their plants should either leave the country or “be handcuffed and sent to the PGV (Venezuelan General Penitentiary).”
    Venezuelan President Threatens Seizure of Factories After Production Halts  72C84E5E-8D8A-421B-9342-6F14B82AE71C_w640_s
    People chant against the government of President Nicolas Maduro during a march in Caracas, Venezuela, May 14, 2016. Protesters demanded electoral officials accelerate the certification of the petition signatures that would kick off a recall of Maduro.
    ​The decree issued Friday by Maduro also calls for military exercises to combat the “foreign aggression” he said led to the country’s current fiscal crisis.
    "Next Saturday I have ordered national military exercises ... to prepare ourselves for any scenario," Maduro told his supporters at the rally.
    Maduro's political opponents have become increasingly vocal, calling for the president to step down this year. Thousands of protesters took to the streets in Caracas Saturday in support of a recall referendum to remove Maduro.
    So far, anti-government activists have collected 1.8 million of the 4 million signatures needed to trigger a recall vote.
    While Maduro accuses foreign governments and factory owners of waging an economic war against him, opposition leaders say that Maduro and his predecessor, the late Hugo Chavez, drove the economy into the ground.
    http://creditrating.einnews.com/article/326236336/g986VKH4ylLnNof_

Current date/time is Sun 28 Apr 2024, 9:38 am