Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Neno's Place!

Neno's Place Established in 2006 as a Community of Reality

Neno

I can be reached by phone or text 8am-7pm cst 972-768-9772 or, once joining the board I can be reached by a (PM) Private Message.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Many Topics Including The Oldest Dinar Community. Copyright © 2006-2020

Russia Vetos France's Draft UN Resolution On Syria; Russian Draft Rejected

Lobo
    Lobo

Russia Vetos France's Draft UN Resolution On Syria; Russian Draft Rejected  Empty Russia Vetos France's Draft UN Resolution On Syria; Russian Draft Rejected

Post by Lobo Sun 09 Oct 2016, 1:26 pm

Russia Vetos France's Draft UN Resolution On Syria; Russian Draft Rejected
    The United Nations Security Council has rejected two resolutions calling for an immediate cease-fire in the besieged northern city of Aleppo.

A resolution drafted by France and Spain that called for the grounding of all military flights as part of a cease-fire plan was vetoed on October 8 by Russia.

Later, a Russian-drafted alternative resolution, which called for a cease-fire but did not mention the grounding of military flights over Aleppo, failed to gain the minimum of nine votes needed for adoption by the 15-member council.

The Russian-drafted resolution received four votes of support, nine votes against it, and two abstentions.

Hundreds of civilians have been killed by Russian and Syrian government air strikes in rebel-held neighborhoods of Aleppo since a U.S. and Russia-brokered cease-fire broke down on September 19.

Washington has called for war crimes investigations against Russia and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s regime over the targeting of civilian areas in Aleppo.
    Based on reporting by AP, AFP, Reuters, and Interfax
    http://world.einnews.com/article/348571057/ADF2kkVFgTdVYErH

Current date/time is Fri 19 Apr 2024, 9:27 am